PDA

View Full Version : Ldies..PMT

Juliamidlands
16-08-06, 16:56
The psychological side of PMT leaves me feeling like I am going crazy every month. I don't get violent but it does make feel low, anxious, insecure, paranoid, and this month my relationship has been under stress because I've become completely paranoid for no apparent reason! I turn into a different person but it is like I cannot control it.

So I have today bought some evening primrose oil, magnesium, and vitamin B6 as my 'googling' has shown me that these can help to alleviate the symptoms.

Has anyone else tried them?

Julia xx

'Never be afraid to try- remember, amateurs buit the Ark...professionals built the Titanic'

juju
16-08-06, 17:59
its funny u should ask, i have got the aliens landed at the moment, and feeling really crap. mood swings every hr, sad /depressed/ feeling sorry for meself/doubting meself, cos i was doing really well, angry- god the list is endless. BUT i started taking b6 and e prim oil a couple of wks ago and def pains are better and only got this pmt now not before, usually its about 5 days before and a few days in. so im hoping that by next month i wont have any added anxiety
hope this helps
juju

we are all stronger people after having this

eeyorelover
16-08-06, 18:33
Hi Julia -
I have a horrible time around my time of the month. The worst thing is probably the fact that I cry at the drop of a hat and I can get mad at just about anything.
As a matter a fact I was going to do a post about something that I think will give you a smile so I'll just post it here.
I'm taking care of business and taking the paper backing off of an Always (don't know if you have them in the UK or not) and I notice some writing on it. All I can think is ' what the hell are they putting fortunes on them now or what'. I can't believe what the thing says!!!! Ready for this???!!! Printed in English and French is... HAVE A NICE PERIOD.
You know that some group of men in suits were sitting around a table just thinking up ways that they could really p@ss off a woman on her monthly and thought that would be funny.
Ok so maybe it only bothered me because of my emotions running high right now but what the heck were they thinking!!!!
I was so upset that I thought about calling the company to complain. That would have been a customer service reps nightmare.
Which is another symptom of PMS that I have. The men suck and they all should be hung from their.... nevermind have to censor myself on that one :)
lol
Anyway - sorry about the rant.

xxx
Sandy

kate
16-08-06, 20:15
Sandy,

Yes, we have Always here! Haven't noticed any cheesey slogans on them like that one LOL.

As you say, most definately written by a man :(

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

sarah1984
17-08-06, 16:03
Hi! Yes, I totally agree-I've been making a lot of progress recently, but when my period's due, I go plummeting down again. I've made more of an effort to keep a record of when I'm due, so I know that if I start to feel really bad, I know what it is and that I'm not going crazy/having a relapse. I've been taking a one a day supplement from Boots called Monthly Cycle which contains all of the above and comes in packs of 28, with a 7 extra iron supplement pills to take a weak before your period starts.