PDA

View Full Version : I'm so unhappy

sapphire
16-08-06, 17:01
Hi everybody,

I'm new to the forum so I hope you don't mind my first post being one long moan.

Basically I've had social anxiety since I was about 17/18 but didn't start getting treatment for it till I was 20ish and I'm now 25. The condition has made things like going out really difficult and I've never had a proper nine to five job so I'm still living with my parents until I sort myself out - I know it sounds really pathetic - sorry.

we usually get along fine together . My parents are really supportive and I like living with them. Since I left school I was working as a dog sitter to earn some money while I was studying gemmology and things were going slowly but okay.

Lately everythings changed as my grandparents have moved in with us. I'm finding it really difficult as my grandmothers a real witch and she's said horrible things to me in the past which have added to the social anxiety problem and I just can't get past them. The things she said made me hate myself and her and I just don't want to spend time with her which is difficult as we're now in the same house. Every time I go downstairs they comment on it I can't do anything on the ground floor without her hoving into sight and being a leech it's becoming impossible.

Also I screwed up my final exams. I was too scared to sit the practical exam so the theory paper that I did sit didn't get marked and it's just an automatic fail so I've completely wasted the last 18months.

Sorry for the length of this post, you probably all think I'm really pathetic. I haven't told anyone I know about the exam, I just feel so
and hopeless like I don't want to keep trying any more. I wish I was dead.

manmoor
16-08-06, 17:11
Hi Sapphire,

A big warm welcome to you. Please dont put yourself down you are among friends now and we are all here for each other.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

twiglet
16-08-06, 19:50
hi ya, sapphire
im really sorry to hear you're feeling so bad at the moment. this is a great site for support and help. you'll get through this one step at the time. and please hun, dont wish your life away, you only get one.....cherish it.
take care
love,
twiglet xx

juju
16-08-06, 19:53
hi sapphire
never think u are pathetic hun
we are all here for you
take care
juju

we are all stronger people after having this

alicia123
16-08-06, 20:01
Nice to see you here Sapphire. I'm new myself. SA is not pleasant but if you can get some treatment on the NHS, CBT has been used quite successfully. Could take a while since the waiting list is long, but might be worth it.

And no talk of dying eh? You are among friends and getting used to living is what we are all trying to do.[^]

all the best,
alicia

nicjay
16-08-06, 22:06
Hi Sapphire

Welcome to the forum, you will find alot of useful information and friends here.

Nicola
xxx

polly daydream
17-08-06, 00:22
Hi Sapphire and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

sapphire
17-08-06, 13:03
Thanks for all your support guys, it really means a lot and it helps knowing that there are others who know what sa is like and can relate.

Much love to all

xx

maynooth
18-08-06, 15:11
Hi Sapphire you should get a doctors note saying that you suffer from anxiety and depression and try and get your exam appealed on thins basis.I also failed an exam in college but got it brought up to a pass on this basis.

"You have to live with fear to live without fear!"