PDA

View Full Version : Is this week over yet?!

Elle-Kay
13-11-12, 13:16
Has anyone got a remote control that could fast forward this week, please? It's turning out to be...eventful! And it's only Tuesday!!

On Sunday I started getting a migraine, but it was only fairly minor and was under control with over the counter painkillers. By Sunday evening it had pretty much gone away, but yesterday morning it was back, and being stubborn. Several doses of Cocodamol later I was drowsy, still had a headache (though I could still function - just about) and had developed back ache to boot. Then the student loans company sent hubby a letter saying we hadn't provided enough evidence to accompany his grant application (for last academic year!), yet we had sent everything they needed to them the academic year before last and they had just been too lazy to look in their electronic file. Cue half an hour on the phone, and having to write yet another letter explaining that to them. This, of course, did nothing for my migraine, and even though I dropped off to sleep easily I was awake at 2am with a full-blown attack, and groping for my prescription meds as I knew another dose of Cocodamol wasn't going to cut the mustard.

Thankfully this morning the migraine has gone (touch wood), but I have woken up half deaf in my left ear, which is also whistling incessantly. Whether this is as a result of the migraine I don't know. Thankfully I'm not prone to health anxiety, so I'm not too worried and am sure it will sort itself out eventually (if it's not gone by Thursday I'm due to go for a curry with friends, so will order a spicy one to clear my sinuses right out!!)

I've been to the post office today to post the letter to the student loans co, and was very annoyed to experience a very definite wave of panic whilst in the queue. I thought I was over this panicking during everyday activities thing and moving on to bigger challenges :mad:

Perhaps it's my mind's way of paying me back for being so busy with the migraine yesterday that I entirely forgot to feel anxious...

Anyway, to top it off, it's my birthday on Friday and I had decided to take the plunge and go out to a particular restaurant for dinner with my family that evening. I know the restaurant, so I felt comfortable booking there. As it turns out though, because I'm sharing my birthday with Pudsey bear this year the restaurant are having all sorts of fundraising events that evening (quizzes, facepainting etc.) so my plans for a birthday meal are scuppered because I don't feel comfortable going to that restaurant if there are going to be all sorts of unusual things happening/loud noises/excitable children etc.

So, this week is going: migraine, frustration, deafness, panic, frustration, anxiety about curry night, spend birthday alone, no birthday meal, weekend.

Incidentally, there is no point to this post other than for me to vent, so thank-you for listening, and goodnight (as they say) :winks:

Annie0904
13-11-12, 13:37
Sounds a bit like my week. I have been getting stressed out with Occupational health forms and woke up with a headache after crying most of the day yesterday. I do feel a bit more relaxed today than I did yesterday. I am sure you will enjoy the curry night...think of the positive, it will clear your sinus :D I think you should have a nice night in with hubby on your birthday, takeaway and DVD then celebrate with your family another day when it is not so busy. I was going to say invite your family over and ask them to bring a plate of something but then maybe you won't be able to get rid of them when you want to :unsure: x

Elle-Kay
13-11-12, 14:37
I'm pleased I'm not the only one who thinks that way about inviting people to the house :) I think you're right about Friday Annie. I'll tell hubby he has to watch whatever film I want, because it is my birthday after all, and I think I might buy a piece of steak for tea. We never have steak, so it'll be a treat.

There's nothing quite like filling in a form to stress you out, is there? The student loans people sent another form for us to fill in with their letter yesterday, but none of it was at all applicable, so I sent it back blank with a letter of explanation as the girl on the phone said to do.

Annie0904
13-11-12, 15:06
I can't understand why I had to go and see a nurse at Occupational health 45 minutes drive away and then they send a form for them to request info from my GP and Physio to see that they agree I am not fit to work! If they are going to do that then why can't they believe what my doctor has written on my sick note to say I am unfit for work!! okay thats my rant over :)

Elle-Kay
13-11-12, 16:08
I couldn't agree more Annie! I don't understand why every company's procedures and policies these days seem to end up insinuating that you might not be being truthful. Take the student loans thing (again) for example: part of their demand was that we needed to send proof that I didn't have any earnings between July and August. As I wasn't working then, or relying on the state there is no evidence, but can they accept my word for that? No, they suggest that I contact JobCentrePlus (who have never even heard of me) or HMRC to ask for some sort of letter to back up my story, as if two government agencies who have had no dealings with me are going to be sympathetic to a request out of the blue that they confirm that they've had no dealings with me...

Annie0904
13-11-12, 16:15
Crazy isn't it? It is things like that which get my anxiety going even more and then I think about going back to work and having reports etc to fill in and having to 'prove' that all my targets are met. It is no wonder that mental health problems are on the increase with all the forms we have to fill in these days. On a more positive note, I walked the furthest I have walked in 5 months today and on my own :) xx

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:12 ----------

Which reminds me I still haven't filled in the stress management plan for work because I am too stressed to do it!! :doh:

Elle-Kay
13-11-12, 16:15
Oh well done; excellent achievement :D