PDA

View Full Version : please help citralopram /flu I'm worried

bertone902
13-11-12, 16:44
HI I'm looking for a little help as I'm currently on week 6 of citralopram and a couple of day now I have felt so bad . Sleep disturbances and weird awakening Asia I don't know where u am .
However today I've woke up and feel shocking all my family have ha've been I'll recently and now I think I have it . Runny nose head pounding g sensitive to light and extremely dizzy and weak but it's worse than when I do nor.ally have the flu .
An anyone tell me if hey have had the same heightened symptoms when they have been on citralopram and caught flu etc ? I'm pretty worried but am hoping it's just going to be short lived. And what medication can I take whilst on cit for this ?? I'm scared to take any meds just incase they react . Ie paracetamol etc
Please help
Andy

NoPoet
13-11-12, 17:18
Hi, you can take paracetamol with citalopram but you should avoid aspirin and ibuprofen. (You CAN take ibuprofen if you do so every so occasionally but not all the time.)

I don't think citalopram makes cold and flu seem worse. However you're only on week 6 and many people, including yours truly, are still struggling with side effects at that stage. If you have health anxiety, that will make your illness seem way worse because it activates all those negative thoughts and beliefs.

Health anxiety represents a fear of death, so if you are having an episode of health anxiety, you should start telling yourself that a cold or flu is not going to kill you and you will get better, even if it doesn't seem like you will now. The WORST part of flu (and anxiety, for that matter) is when you lose sight of what it feels like to be healthy, but your health will come back.

Richard1960
13-11-12, 17:18
Sounds like you have a common cold i was told paracetamol is perfectly ok to take with Citalopram and so should something like Lem sip as that has paracetamol in.

Just had a very minor op at the doctors this afternoon they know i am on cit as they are prescribing it and the nurse wrote it down and recommended paracetamol for any pain relief thats how i know.

So i would not worry too much about taking a cold remedy with that in it.

Richard.

bertone902
13-11-12, 17:27
Thabkyou for getting back to me . Tbh I think I may have health anxiety but I do t really know what it is really . I do panic at everything to do with my health so maybe your right it just feels so bad but its probably because I've normally taken medication before this stage of the illness . Maybe if I just take 1 paracetamol and see how I get on :)

Richard1960
13-11-12, 17:29
Thabkyou for getting back to me . Tbh I think I may have health anxiety but I do t really know what it is really . I do panic at everything to do with my health so maybe your right it just feels so bad but its probably because I've normally taken medication before this stage of the illness . Maybe if I just take 1 paracetamol and see how I get on :)

Hi thats ok.

Yes that sounds sensible and bear in mind not all cold viruses are the same this one might just seem worse then some in the past but yes health is a worry to all of us in one way or another.:)

bertone902
13-11-12, 17:37
Agreed healthn is a big worry to me since anxiety I just wish everytime something happens I weren't online consulting Dr Google :(