PDA

View Full Version : Strange stomach issues?

Mizkazooka
14-11-12, 00:47
I sing, but lately whenever I'm singing I've been having stomach problems. It started with a strange, fleshy sort of popping feeling under the left side of my rib cage. Sometimes I still feel it but it's rare. Nothing really came of it until a few days later when I got more symptoms, and up to that point I'd forgotten about it. I was singing again and my stomach rumbled like it does when you're hungry, and only when tensing my ab muscles. Now whenever I tense my abs to sing it makes my stomach gurgle, I belch, and my stomach feels like it's being squished. It makes me feel a little nauseous. I get a little bit of a lump rising in my throat, no acid though. My chest is a little tight now even when I'm not singing.

I've been to a doctor and she said it was just acid reflux. I don't feel any acid coming up my throat though, and I only recently started getting heartburn. I've never really trouble with it before.

I just find it weird that my stomach only does this when I tense my abdominal muscles. Is this an anxiety thing or what?

Frankie123
14-11-12, 09:00
I suffer from acid reflux and I don't get that feeling of acid rising in my throat either. Have you changed anything in your diet lately and different foods can cause the problem. Your doctor should be able to give you tablets like omeprazole to control it. You can also buy these tablets over the counter at the parmacy is you want to give them a go.