PDA

View Full Version : observations and thoughts

plotlost
14-11-12, 01:33
Ok folks, I will start by commenting on my latest experience with citalporam before discussing wider observation on the forum threads.

I have been on citalopram for 4 or 5 months now,cant remember exactly.

The benefits were/have been overall good and I have achieved some things that previously were out of reach, all thanks to the citalopram.

Yet, even at this stage, I am still suffering the same negative low periods and anxiety, though I am more than willing to persist as this drug is shows better results over the long haul.

Right, on to the other stuff.

What I notice throughout these boards is that almost every thread, including this one is completey self orientated, which is perfectly reasonable given the boat that we have all found ourselves in.

It seems the natural reaction of us all is to question and search for the answers as to why or how we got here and then question how or what is the best course of action, according tothe experiences of all the other lost souls that have walked this same path before us.

For example, when I finally got round to taking action by taking these meds, I asked the very same things that most people do, what are the effects, will I be ok, how long does it take etc etc etc.

Without wanting to sound insensitive to anyone or so abstract that this loses any relevance to our situations, I think we generally all become so inwardly focused that our perceptions become warped. To highlight what my random ramblings are attempting to purvey, we could look at at the universe for a sense of scale and perspective. There are more planets throughout the universe than all the individual grains of sand on all the beaches in the world, a truely unimaginable figure.

We could add time as a factor of our perspective, for instance the skin of paint on the top pinnacle knob on the eiffel tower represents the length of time humans have roamed the earth, with the age of the earth is the entire height of the tower itself.

I suppose what im really trying to say is that, personally my situation seems insrumountable, impossible at times and so it must be for everyone who finds them self fighting these mental issues. But the true reality, veiwed from alternative perspective is that these issues, our problems and termoil are absolutely insignificant. That is not to say that they are not important to those concerned, just that if we look from further afield, through time and space, our situations are completely and utterly trivial.

In that sense, I think we can find comfort and parity to the issues we face, in the immediate they seem like THE most significant things in our lives, the world or the universe, but the reality is that they are not.

What do you think? Maybe ive just wasted 5 mins of your life typing life in reading this rubbish?

CameronG
14-11-12, 04:50
You wasted a good 2.5 minutes of my life there, never have a read such tripe in my life nor does it make sense! Are you intoxicated? No offence intended

plotlost
14-11-12, 12:51
You wasted a good 2.5 minutes of my life there, never have a read such tripe in my life nor does it make sense! Are you intoxicated? No offence intended

No offence taken, I was slightly intoxicated, but having read through it, the point is perfectly valid, dont you think? I can only assume it was a little hard for you to grasp cameron, no offence intended.