PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

Kayleigh100
14-11-12, 08:04
I've suffered on and off from stress for some years but the CBT I had helped me considerably. Unfortunately, things recently have got much worse because a whole load of stresses have come at once.

I am in business with one other person (and quite a few employees). That other person has been seriously ill on and off for 6 months and is back in hospital now. This is our busy time and there is only so much I can delegate. I have made the decision to sell or merge, once my partner is better (he is retiring age anyway), but that cannot happen overnight and in the meantime I have to cope and the what was controlled (by CBT) depression spiralled downwards very quickly and the Doctor put me on Fluoxetine to help me cope - but did say it might take a couple of weeks (that was 10 days ago). He also gave me some sleeping pills - just a few - but I have tried not using those.

Then, I have also got a lump under my arm. The doctor thinks it is foliculitis but has booked me in for a breast check and ultrasound. I am really, really worried.

I have got to the stage where I can't cry (but am crying inside) and I have all sort of horrible symptoms or side effects - more anxiety, paranoia, tiredness, shaky, hot sweats at night.

Apart from my lovely family, life is just b*****y awful at the moment

BobbyDog
14-11-12, 08:13
I am so sorry you are going through such a difficult time at the moment, you really do have the weight of the world on your shoulders.
You are 10 days in to your medication, hopefully any day soon you will start to feel the benefit.
Like the doctor said, the lump is probably nothing to worry about, but I know that is easier said than done.
You will find the people here at NMP very supportive and hopefully we will be able to ease your mind a little.

nomorepanic
14-11-12, 08:15
Hi Kayleigh100

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.