PDA

View Full Version : I can't sleep and it's making me crazy and upset.. :'(

unconditional
14-11-12, 09:04
Hi everyone. It's 4 am here and I can't sleep... Last night I was awoken by severe stomach cramps after only one hour of sleep, and I've been awake almost constantly since then. I was exhsusted so tonight I went to bed at 10. 6 hours later and all I've managed were a couple 20 minute naps earlier.

I've tried going downstairs to watch tv on the couch, reading, basically everything and I'm losing my mind. Even relaxing in bed with my favourite tv show didn't work, and I was sure it would.

I'm crying and trying to stop myself from panicking now. I'm VERY sleep-deprived, my head is killing me, and I have no idea what to do... Any kind words? Thanks

Joannecolliswest
14-11-12, 09:12
Hi you sound just like me I am havin no sleep too and my mind won't shut down trying to take my mind off on here but doesn't last what meds are you on I am still havin side affects feel crap x

---------- Post added at 09:12 ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 ----------

:hugs::shades::shrug:
Hi you sound just like me I am havin no sleep too and my mind won't shut down trying to take my mind off on here but doesn't last what meds are you on I am still havin side affects feel crap x

unconditional
14-11-12, 09:15

---------- Post added at 09:12 ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 ----------

:hugs::shades::shrug:

I'm actually not on anything at the moment which makes it worse because I know it's not a side effect, it's my crazy brain :mad:

oh no_1
14-11-12, 09:20
im not on any meds and i dont sleep.... i have an hour if that.... but im that used to it now but the down side is that then every so often all i want to do for days is sleep.
i dont wana go on any meds to help me sleep as dont want to rely on them as the last ones i was on i slept 22 hours a day and couldnt function !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it hard...... i tried just laying there, getting up n watching tv, reading, not doing skool work (as im a teacher) till as late and relaxing for an hr before i go to bed.

cat on here showed me a link for some audio books il try and find it later and send u it..... i havent had a min to try them yet though as been manic busy.

Emphyrio
14-11-12, 12:12
Have you tried natural sleep aids? A cup of chamomile tea before bed can help. Valerian is another herbal sleep aid which doesn't make you drowsy the next day. You can get Valerian tea or Valerian capsules in health food shops.

Exercise in the evening is beneficial too - and try to cut back on the caffeine intake, if you've not already done so.

simms
14-11-12, 14:45
Id stay don't worry to much (easier said than done I know) Ive had weeks where I could not sleep for a few days but your body will eventually sleep. If generally feels like your never going to sleep again but I promise your body will get into the swing of sleep.

Idstain
14-11-12, 19:44
I can't recommend magnesium oil enough. Can't write much as I'm on my phone but it has been a godsend for myself (and two others whom I recommended it to).

Paul H
15-11-12, 20:18
Tell yourself not to sleep. Do all you can to stay awake (except drinking coffee etc). Set yourself a challenge: "I will stay asleep til the morning" and do your best to achieve that goal.

You won't sleep when you're so stressed. So, stop being stressed about sleeping and try not to.

I wonder how late you could stay awake watching TV. I wonder how long you could read for. Tell us tomorrow how long you managed it.

Best wishes

Paul