PDA

View Full Version : Could this be anxiety??

mx740
14-11-12, 09:05
I thank every good being that exists in this world for the existence of this website.

I am a 16year old boy living in Singapore. I felt something napped inside me during April. Ever since then I have been experiencing some unusual symptoms.

When I sit still or stand still, I will feel like I’m swaying or rocking faintly. Like pushed back pushed in front… It is worse sitting than standing. Sometime it seems to be in tune with my heartbeat. Strangely, it disappears when I participate in any distractions like playing guitar or dancing… it totally disappears. it also disappears if I physically rock back and forth.

All inner test under the sun are done, Singapore’s healthcare is costly but very complete. I also did an mri (which during the dye injection tore my vein and nerve) and it was normal.

Occasionally I will also feel faintly…. There’s a tingling numbness sensation behind my eyes to my forehead. Everything seems foggy and unreal. I will also feel off balanced.

Thank you

Is this anxiety?

Jules147
14-11-12, 12:19
All classic anxiety symptoms. Practise 7/11 breathing. Google it for instructions.

mx740
14-11-12, 15:17
Hi Jules.
Are you referring to the lightheaded fainty sensation as a cassic symptoms or the rocking pulsating dizziness? Right now its the rocking dizziness that makes me anxious to a great extent. I even thought it was MDDS. However, people with mdds do not have relief when there are distraction....

Jules147
14-11-12, 15:37
This site, left hand column under No more Panic Articles > Problems/issues > Symptoms:

Dizziness or light-headedness

What you feel:

You feel suddenly light-headed, woozy or dizzy. This is sometimes accompanied by a feeling that you might faint or pass out. It also may feel as though you are walking on a boat, or that the floor seems to move up and down and it's hard to balance. You may also have difficulty placing your feet because your perception of the ground or floor may be wrong. In some cases it may seem that even though you are standing on a firm floor, the floor may be vibrating or moving.

This is a very common feeling that most sufferers get. It's usually as a result of hyperventilation but also of intense fear and the adrenalin hit.

I occasionally had that rocking, pulsating sensation but it was not often, probably because it was not one of the symptoms that I fixed my attention on and wasn't part of the symptom > worry > symptom cycle for me but I certainly had it.

mx740
14-11-12, 15:46
Are they worst or more noticeable when you are sitting still or standing still?

Do they disappear when you walk around or attend to other distractions?

Does lying down relieve the rocking sensation?

Jules147
14-11-12, 15:52
I was always upright, usually standing. Note the tense I use. I don't suffer any more. I still have fears and worries though but I have broken the worry > symptom > worry cycle. CBT and being made fully aware of the mechanism triggered by fear broke the cycle.

mx740
14-11-12, 16:14
Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy? .... I do feel most of it while sitting still.

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

Additionally this rocking is constant if i decide to sit or stand still without walking all day long.

potato11
14-11-12, 17:32
Hi mx740

Did the Drs test your b12 levels? As some of the symptoms you describe can be attributed to b12 deficiency

mx740
15-11-12, 01:30
Yes, I did all sorts of blood test. I was also put on neurobalamin (b12) for 1 month. Didnt help...

mx740
17-11-12, 02:14
Bump.... anyone?

Alan12345678
03-06-18, 08:43
Hi,

I am from Singapore, have this swaying boat like feeling

Please contact me at +6593809412

Alan

---------- Post added at 07:43 ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 ----------

Hi

I have this boat like swaying feeling