PDA

View Full Version : Spaced out on Co-codamol

simi
14-11-12, 12:37
:unsure:Hi everyone saw g.p yesterday after being in pain all night. Had pain under right arm going round to back and feeling tender to touch. Dr thought maybe shingles but no rash, or could be nerve pain Prescribed 30/500 co-codamol and 10mgs amitriptyline if needed. Took 6 co-codamol yesterday now feel like a zombie! anyone else feel like this with co-codamol, did help the pain but hate feeling like this

Trembler
14-11-12, 12:45
:unsure:Hi everyone saw g.p yesterday after being in pain all night. Had pain under right arm going round to back and feeling tender to touch. Dr thought maybe shingles but no rash, or could be nerve pain Prescribed 30/500 co-codamol and 10mgs amitriptyline if needed. Took 6 co-codamol yesterday now feel like a zombie! anyone else feel like this with co-codamol, did help the pain but hate feeling like this

You could call your GP or go to your local pharmacy & explain how you are feeling to them. Co codamol is paracetamol & codeine ... its the codeine that can sometimes make you feel like that...perhaps you could just do lesser dose of codeine

Did you take any of the amitriptyline as it could be that too ??.. good luck & hope you get it sorted soon :)

Sarahjosephine
14-11-12, 13:17
Codeine is very strong and can definitely make you feel this way. I actually just went to sleep when I had it so I could rest, I'm sure it is nothing to worry about.

simi
14-11-12, 13:50
Thanks so much for your replies, feel a bit more human now think i'll take half the dose if I need too. So glad i didn't take the amitriptyline as well. thanks again take care Simi