PDA

View Full Version : Feeling good!

Elle-Kay
14-11-12, 14:30
Ok, this isn't a success story as such, but it felt like the most appropriate place to post in any case.

I popped in to my old Uni' department today to see a couple of friends who I haven't seen in a number of months. I also picked up my marked MA thesis, and so bumped into a few staff members too. I feel so good, so positive since I got home! Everyone - including my old tutors - was so pleased to see me, and that made me feel so pleased, and welcome (rather than the ex-student adrift on the sea that I've felt since leaving). One of my tutors also mentioned a potential opportunity to me which could be incredibly exciting for me if it comes to fruition, and also that she had read the "lovely things" I posted on my blog (my professional blog, not the one in my signature).

I felt so happy to have been back "in the fold", and so confident on the way home that it really took me by surprise, and made me think that the way forward for me is to make an effort to get back into doing what I love - working in heritage - by starting back work in my volunteer position(s), so I'm going to bite the bullet & email about starting back next week :)

little scientist
14-11-12, 14:34
Elle-Kay, that sounds wonderful :)

While I have been off work, I have been popping into work from time to time just to make sure I feel comfortable in there and helps me to keep my boss up to date with how I have been getting on :)

meche
14-11-12, 14:41
That's great :yesyes:. I truly believe the way forward is getting involved in all the things we love doing. It builds confidence and keeps you in the 'loop' of life. Good for you. xx

Annie0904
14-11-12, 15:06
Great news :yahoo: x

electrical_stormgirl
14-11-12, 15:12
That's great news, good for you! I've also applied to volunteer at another wildlife hospital and signed up to do a sponsored trek next year (just need to decide on a charity!). Here's to getting our lives back :yahoo:

ricardo
14-11-12, 15:25
Ok, this isn't a success story as such, but it felt like the most appropriate place to post in any case.

I popped in to my old Uni' department today to see a couple of friends who I haven't seen in a number of months. I also picked up my marked MA thesis, and so bumped into a few staff members too. I feel so good, so positive since I got home! Everyone - including my old tutors - was so pleased to see me, and that made me feel so pleased, and welcome (rather than the ex-student adrift on the sea that I've felt since leaving). One of my tutors also mentioned a potential opportunity to me which could be incredibly exciting for me if it comes to fruition, and also that she had read the "lovely things" I posted on my blog (my professional blog, not the one in my signature).

I felt so happy to have been back "in the fold", and so confident on the way home that it really took me by surprise, and made me think that the way forward for me is to make an effort to get back into doing what I love - working in heritage - by starting back work in my volunteer position(s), so I'm going to bite the bullet & email about starting back next week :)

I just read your personal diary and tried to submit a comment but the options wouldn't let me.

Elle-Kay
14-11-12, 15:29
Really? The one in my signature? That's odd. I thought I had it set up to accept comments...

ricardo
14-11-12, 15:40
Really? The one in my signature? That's odd. I thought I had it set up to accept comments...

It does but I don't know which to select as it is offering various options which I am not sure how to use.

I wrote a really long reply and now it has gone. One option is google, which then goes into Spanish and even then i can't sign in, another is wordpress but I don't want to use that for personal reasons as I have my own blog on there which has nothing to do with mental illness mabe i could PM you,but will wait for your reply.

Elle-Kay
14-11-12, 15:45
Ahh yes, I see now. It gives you a list of options of accounts to sign in with, as it doesn't allow anonymous commenting. I stay signed in with my Google/Gmail account all the time, so I didn't notice before that people needed to sign in. Of course you can PM me Ricardo, if you want to, or I've changed the blog settings now so that it allows people to comment without logging in :)