PDA

View Full Version : Stroke or migrain symptoms

blvnlty
14-11-12, 16:15
I have been having this issue for the last five years. Some people are telling me its a migrain, others say a stroke. My right eye goes out almost as if im going blind for half an hour, then my eye comes back, but my left side of body goes numb for half an hour. Then my face goes numb and i start drooling for bout 20 minutes. After all that i end up with a massive headache i try sleeping, i try pain relievers bath, nothing helps. Anyone know of what it might be?

Col
14-11-12, 16:49
Hmmmmm hi:huh:
Saying your having a stroke , what sort of people say stuff like that???? I think a stroke would more than likely ~ result in some form of hospitalisation and some perminant damage!
Bascically I think your having a severe migraine! Mine are random all of a sudden, out of the blue. I'll have perfect vision one minute and then it just comes on! I can't see properly - its like a blob in my vision like, when you look at a bright light then look away. That's the warning it's coming & then I can't see anything properly. Then I gradually get where, I see only half of everything the other half is like a random dark haze of pixels! This is frightening!!!!! I've got a migraine phobia because at this stage, things seem to get darker and darker and I panic thinking I'm gonna faint then I panic start to feel light and like my limbs are light and weird and then when it finally goes this distorted twilight zone weird vision (up to an hour) & my normal vision sort of - returns , the coloring is still destorted like still a bit hazy and dark! I then am left feeling like someone has hit me hard with a fist to one side of my head??? Very very distressing , wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Eat well, sleep well and try not to stress( I say that and I'm always stressed) but these maybe triggers?:emot-questioned:

ricardo
14-11-12, 16:57
I have been having this issue for the last five years. Some people are telling me its a migrain, others say a stroke. My right eye goes out almost as if im going blind for half an hour, then my eye comes back, but my left side of body goes numb for half an hour. Then my face goes numb and i start drooling for bout 20 minutes. After all that i end up with a massive headache i try sleeping, i try pain relievers bath, nothing helps. Anyone know of what it might be?

Surely during this 5 year period you must have seen a doctor. if not I would go ASAP to your doctor. IMO it doesn't sound like either a migraine or a stroke and that's why I advise you to see a doctor., don't listen "to people" Best of luck.

blvnlty
15-11-12, 02:45
I have seen three drs, none of them say nothing bout it but i might need to see a nurosurgon..

Col
15-11-12, 10:18
Surely during this 5 year period you must have seen a doctor. if not I would go ASAP to your doctor. IMO it doesn't sound like either a migraine or a stroke and that's why I advise you to see a doctor., don't listen "to people" Best of luck.

Hi the quote above from Ricardo, hmmm! Some people give silly and outrageous advice & others try and do there best to be thoughtful, constructive & base there advice upon personnel experience. I was merely answering his post, based on very similar experiences & he asked for advice, obviously for reassurance!
I Ultimatley agree with Ricardo with regards to pursuing the doctor thing, if your having to deal with these symptoms! Especially when theresno respite & they are ongoing.
I suffer and I've got a friend who to, suffers with migraines, she drools & doesn't even know she's doing it, shes sick, shaky and feels numbness! So to me, still falls into the migraine bracket!
I hope you get to the bottom of it :winks:

ricardo
15-11-12, 10:39
Col,

When I said "don't listen to people" I wasn't refering to those on here.The wording of the post as I understood was that he was asking around to people he knew, such as friends.

Col
15-11-12, 13:50
Fair dooo's, just saying not all advice is bad! That's all!! I did agree with what u said though, Ricardo:winks:

Anxious lu
17-11-12, 12:24
I am not a medical professional but I'd lean more words migraine..

I've had one with numbness in hand spread to arm (felt dead) confused talking/writing, followed by visual disturbance and the headache!

Another pins and needles all over the body and severely slurred speech, no major head ache but a slight dull ache..

The first one was six months ago and only now talking to one doctor have we decided that it was migraine. I was sent for MRI which showed clear and have been referred to a neurologist to dicuss migraine in January. I am inly 20 so they thought it was unlikely to be stroke in the first place..

Try looking at basilar type migraines or something they showed similarities to my migraines in terms of aura types.. X

Anxious_gal
18-11-12, 07:05
Have you seen a doctor or gone to the ER durning an episode?
I got the confusion in my class, so my mum had to pick me up and take me to the doctor !
Was the first time it happened.
I get migraines that minic strokes too.

Anxious lu
18-11-12, 10:34
Hi anxious girl have you been to see a neurologist about the migraines that mimic stroke or been given anything to prevent them as they terrify me and I really don't want another one x

ElectricAlice
18-11-12, 13:42
http://www.migrainetrust.org/factsheet-hemiplegic-migraine-10913

Pretty sure this sounds like what you have, I get similar things :( Nothing to worry about :)