PDA

View Full Version : Was doing good...now things are getting worse :(

matrix123
14-11-12, 17:27
I haven't posted in a while here because things were improving and wanted to stay out of anxiety forums. Managed to lower the Xanax dosage and to work normally. Still had some symptoms, but they didn't worry me that much...so I was quite happy.

However last week I got sick with fever (for about 24h around 39 degrees) and needed 3-4 days to recover. However it affected my mood and started to feel anxious again. As you know this fueled anxiety more and the symptoms are getting worse :( Right now I have:

Weak feeling in my left leg (had it always for about 6 months...but lately it was much better)
Weak feeling in my left arm...also had it for more than 1 hear...but waxing and waning...now it's getting worse
Disturbed sleep...
Stomach issues...indigestion...lots of gas
Feel lightheaded/dizzy...

I have mostly feared ALS/MS/BT. Now I have pretty much crossed out ALS....but MS seems very likely. Although BT seems an option, I'm fearing mostly MS because seems much more likely :(

On top of that about 10 days ago I had to fix something in the car and had to put the arm between some cables, tubes, etc. Didn't really hurt it...but after 2-3 days that part of the arm looked like it was hit by something and it took about 10 days to heal (didn't have much pain, but it looked yellowish/dark). I know that slow healing is a indication of diabetes and although compared to MS, diabetes is pretty manageable I'm scared of having both which gets really complicated :(

I will do a checkup in 1 week...but I'm feeling bad...and don't know what to do...

harrys mummy
14-11-12, 19:26
Hi, I feel your pain with MS worry!! So meny of us on here seem to fear and are convienced we have got it, surely we can't all have it! I don't know about you but I have been to the docs twice in as meny weeks with numb tingly finger tips (they think its carpal tunnel and am awaiting nerve tests in december) when I lay it on the table and say I'm scared to the brink of meltdown that's its MS I feel silly! My rational brain says no its not but in my anxiety fueled brian its so real! So real I'm absolutley convienced! I wish I had magic words to help but I hope you get a little comfort that your not alone x

matrix123
14-11-12, 19:58
Thanx for ur message.

Forgoy to mention that feel really sleepy during the day

pAULspybeef
20-11-12, 20:07
i have been ill these past 2/3 weeks with a virus/heavy cold/chest infection....during the last week my anxiety symptoms have worsened. it is maybe because when we are running low, our negative thoughts and feelings come to the fore! hang in there! pAUL

Annie0904
20-11-12, 20:42
My anxiety always gets worse when I have any sort of illness, this time it is my fractured foot that triggered it. The symptoms also seem worse because of the anxiety symptoms as well as the illness ones. Just tell yourself that it is the illness you have had that has made your anxiety worse and you will soon start to feel better again.

matrix123
20-11-12, 21:41
i have been ill these past 2/3 weeks with a virus/heavy cold/chest infection....during the last week my anxiety symptoms have worsened. it is maybe because when we are running low, our negative thoughts and feelings come to the fore! hang in there! pAUL

Thanx Paul...it seems is normal for symptoms to get worse when being sick...

---------- Post added at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:39 ----------

My anxiety always gets worse when I have any sort of illness, this time it is my fractured foot that triggered it. The symptoms also seem worse because of the anxiety symptoms as well as the illness ones. Just tell yourself that it is the illness you have had that has made your anxiety worse and you will soon start to feel better again.

Thank you Annie..I've been doing a bit better...so hopefully things will get better :)