PDA

View Full Version : intro and first thoughts

Mims
16-08-06, 22:52
Hi,
This is my first time posting on anything on any forum. My name is mims, I am just coming to terms with the fact that I suffer with Panic attacks and I have finally started to admit it to myself and others and the Doctor.

I am not sure wheather others have had the same experience or not. BUt I am now realising how much panic and anxiety have plauged my life. I am starting to remember more and more times when these feelings have overwhelmed me. I thought I had this under control. But at the moment I have started to feel that it is controlling me.

The dr was good and understanding and I am now on meds. Which I started on monday. They make it very hard to get up in the mornings and I use to be a morning person.

I have been comforted by reading the other post to know that I am not alone. I would be intrested to here from others

Mims

tammyg
16-08-06, 23:13
Hi Mims and welcome to the site,

It is such a relief to find other people who feel the same isn't it.

As I learned more about it I soon realised how much of my life it has affected as well. It seems it runs much deeper than we first think.

I hope you find some good support here.

Tammy x

manmoor
16-08-06, 23:19
Hi Mims,

A big warm welcome to you. We are all here for each other.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

polly daydream
17-08-06, 00:04
Hi Mims and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

hayles
17-08-06, 09:10
Welcome aboard Mims

Hay x

trac67
17-08-06, 10:34
Hi Mims,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nicjay
17-08-06, 11:12
Hi Mims

Welcome to the forum, its nice to know that you are not alone. You will find comfort and support here.

Nicola
xxx

joolee
17-08-06, 11:38
Hi Mims

This forum is a fantastic help as i also suffer panic attacks, its great to come on line and chat with other people who suffer the same they are helping you as you are also helping them.

love Julie xxx

IanB
17-08-06, 14:38
Hi Mims,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

"today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday and all is well"

giddy
18-08-06, 13:24
Welcome to the forum Mims
love Helen

juju
18-08-06, 18:59
welcom mims
juju

we are all stronger people after having this

scoobygirl2005
18-08-06, 19:01
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here and make some new friends too!

Scooby2005
x x

Clare_63
18-08-06, 19:16
Welcome to the Forum Mims

Take care

Clare :)

Daisybun
19-08-06, 13:11
Hi Mims and welcome. I too am on meds and i am so pleased that I evetually took something as i am now living my life again and dealing with my fears

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

nomorepanic
19-08-06, 16:42
Hi Mims,

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

net
19-08-06, 19:25
hi mims

i have panic attacks, it was great when i joined this forum because i talked to people who understood my feelings when most people have accused me of attention seeking

netty

Mims
21-08-06, 15:12
Thank you for your warm welcome. It is so nice to be around people who understand. and are talking from experience.

Mims

lainey
21-08-06, 16:52
Hi Mims

Welcome to the froum, you'll get loads of help and support here.

Take care

Elainenx