PDA

View Full Version : being a push over at work

busybee09
15-11-12, 15:14
Ive had my new job for 3 months now and im quite proud of myself socially but ive noticed im too nice! And my managers taking advantage of me.
She did it also with this other girl who was lovely but shes left now :(
Anyway ive gone to extrene lengths to make myself feel good and confident, iv ordered a sad light for my winter blues, ordered some spirulina superfoid AND paul mckenna instant confidence cd.

Any advice? I want to be socially happy and stand up for myself at work :( i do feel like i have a weaker personality at work

X

panickyme
15-11-12, 15:32
Way to go, you are doing a fine job. Just from your post tells me you are a kind, and caring person. (I can relate to you, sometimes we are just toooooo nice) Don't let that your manager walk on you, you can be nice, but be strong, you are worth more than that, and letting someone take advantage of you, will just break you down. :)

busybee09
15-11-12, 15:41
Aww thank you what a lovely post! :)
Im gonna try and grow some balls even though itl take a while
Take care xx

Annie0904
15-11-12, 15:47
Nattynatt..I am just the same as you at work and as a result I end up with more workload than anyone else. The others say No but I can't. I can stick up for others but not myself..we really need to start thinking about ourselves don't we? :)

busybee09
15-11-12, 15:51
Yes! More work load i notice that too, but its hard to be assertive when youve been a pushover for so long.
Im hoping paul mckenna doesnt dissapoint ill let u no if this crazy hypnosis works lol x

Annie0904
15-11-12, 16:10
Yes I would like to know :)

Sparkle1984
15-11-12, 19:57
In what way does your manager take advantage of you - do you mean they expect you to do more overtime?

I've got a Paul McKenna CD too - I find it helpful.