PDA

View Full Version : thyroid

HIBISCUS30
15-11-12, 16:22
hi, ive just had some fasting bloods taken and they all came back normal but doc said i have to go back in 1 month to re check my thyroid, has this happened to anyone now im worrying about thyroid cancer :-( x

Annie0904
15-11-12, 16:48
I don't he would be suggesting thyroid cancer. He is more likely to want to check for an under or overactive thyroid. My daughter needed hers checking quite recently but it was fine. x

HIBISCUS30
15-11-12, 16:54
thanks for reply annie, its my mind going into over drive again :-( just one thing after another xx

belindalorraine
15-11-12, 16:59
i have been diagnosed recently with an over active thyroid ive lost weight im more anxious i did have terrible shakes for while im now on meds an regular blood test an hos checkups hopefully consultant said iit will correct itself

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

i have also had a scan on my throat and it was all fine

HIBISCUS30
15-11-12, 17:02
hi belinda, im worrying i will have to have a scan, both my mum and dad have thyroid probs and i hear its hereditory? xx

belindalorraine
15-11-12, 17:07
hi ya i was really worried and kept reading websites going from 1 extrem to the other then i discoveredc my cousin has over active and has had for yrs but all was well with the right medication and ive also found other family members have under active or over active thyroin so could be heriditery but everyone ok which is reassurance

HIBISCUS30
15-11-12, 17:18
the doc said it is routine as it was borderline?

belindalorraine
15-11-12, 17:34
probs jus wants to keep an eye on it so it doesnt go too high or too low xx

whybother
15-11-12, 22:17
My thyroid was strange for a year or so.
It was like a game of tennis back and forth... I was hypo then fine, It was normal then abnormal then normal again then abnormal again.. I didn't know if i was coming or going.. Still I wonder but the last one I had was okay so they decided to leave it.

Jules147
15-11-12, 22:28
I am 1/1000 men to have an under-active thyroid. It is only very slight but just enough to need the lowest dose of Thyroxine and is enough to qualify me for free prescriptions for life. It is also unchanged in 6 years.

I call that a result. :)