PDA

View Full Version : worried im going to have heart attack

anx mum
15-11-12, 16:33
For a few weeks now ive had constant pain in the centre of the chest feels like a dull ache or a tightness. Ive had 3 ecgs two were ok one showed my heart was skipping beats so in a couple of weeks goto have holter monitor:weep:. Im so confused my breathing dosent feel right either i get out of breath and find it hard to get a breath im signing and yawning all the time. Im so scared im gonna im gonna have heart attack can anyone relate.

Annie0904
15-11-12, 16:44
When you say you are yawning all the time and your breathing doesn't feel right, that is part of how I would describe my anxiety symptoms. I would say it is anxiety, but I'm not a doctor so if the pain gets worse I would suggest you call NHS Direct just for some reassurance x

panickyme
15-11-12, 18:39
I'm with Annie on this, I tend to yawn, and try to catch breath with anxiety, and I know how you feel this is my biggest hang up (chest pain) I don't know/understand how these pains could just be classic anxiety. GRRRRRRRRRRR I hate it. :hugs:

whybother
15-11-12, 21:59
Hi,
Iv'e had chest pain for a while now too.
I too am really worried that i'm going to have a heart attack!
I'm scared i've got angina and that i'm going to drop dead, I feel like my life is over at aged 22, I just sit in every day, day in day out waiting to die. I had an ECG in the summer because i was having palpitaions but myy Dr said it was fine. I also feel like i can't breathe.. It's almost like someone is standing on my chest. I have a throat wheeze, it whistles when i force an exhale.. I know palps, pain and difficulty breathing are all signs of anxiety, But as a Hypchondriac I can't help thinking tht I'm going to drop dead any minute. I'm too scared to go to hospital. But i know Stress and anxiety can wreak havvoc on the human body as well as the mind.

nomorepanic
15-11-12, 22:00
Bev - did you look back over your old posts when you had this before?

anx mum
15-11-12, 22:03
yes nicola

nomorepanic
15-11-12, 22:19
Ok so you know it wasn't serious then and it was just the same and you got over it so maybe that could reassure you

AuntieMoosie
16-11-12, 03:20
Hi there:)

Yes I can too join everyone else in saying that I have had those symptoms with anxiety/panic.

I used to catch my breath a lot, sighing, still do that sometimes and had achey pains in chest and back. My doctor told me that the pain was just where I was tensed up, it's the muscles in the chest and back just going tense. If I'm feeling really anxious or panicy I tend to hunch my body up, I don't realize that I'm even doing it, but I'm holding myself tight instead of relaxed so it's not surprising that my muscles start to ache.

I'm working hard on that at the moment, trying to recognise when I'm tense and then getting myself back to being relaxed again. It's hard, cos I have to keep a check on my tension. I've been tense for so long that feeling like that is kind of normal to me!! lol so now I have to learn that to feel relaxed is better.

I really hope you feel better soon hun. Anxiety/panic is the pits!! it not only gives us psychological symptoms but also physical ones just to go with it!!

Maybe try some relaxation exercises, it's quite amazing when you realize just how tense your body is without you even realizing it.