PDA

View Full Version : Going out for dinner in 30mins

Elle-Kay
15-11-12, 17:33
I'm meeting friends for a pre-birthday curry meal in 30 minutes, and I have to say I'm not looking forward to it as I should. I wish I could, but it's been preying on my mind all day :( I don't know why, because hubby and I had a cooked lunch out at a cafe when we did the shopping last week, and it's no different - the pub we're going to is even only just across the road from the cafe I ate at then! - but I have the butterflies, the 'what ifs', the racing thoughts/scenarios in my head, and my appetite is non-existent. I'm worrying that I'll only be able to manage a few bites of my meal (it's a set meal + drink, so I can't even order a small portion) before I can't eat anymore, and that I'll have to leave before the meal is over even though the evening is for my sake :(

Annie0904
15-11-12, 17:43
You have been doing so well these past few weeks and I'm sure you can do this too. I like to go for meals with my brother in law as he has a large appetite and if I don't eat much he finishes it off for me then it doesn't look like I am leaving it! :D but if you can't eat much don't worry. It is often the fear of getting there that is the worst and once you are there you will probably find you enjoy it. I hope you manage to have a really good evening xx

Elle-Kay
16-11-12, 00:18
Thanks Annie :) I stayed out for 3 hours in the end, and did enjoy myself. I didn't eat much (my friends ordered a sharing starter for all of us as well, and I never order a starter so it was an uphill battle!), but one of my friends didn't either so I didn't feel too self-conscious. I did have twinges of anxiety, but nothing so bad that I'd call it panic. The anticipation beforehand is definitely the worst part of things!

MissHDynamite
16-11-12, 00:58
That's fantastic news Leah.. well done you :bighug1:

Three hours is a long time! Glad you enjoyed yourself and managed to eat a little.. keep it up, your doing so well x

and yes. the anticipation or the imagination is always the worst part lol.. when will we learn :doh:xx

AuntieMoosie
16-11-12, 01:28
Well done Elle, you're doing great:yesyes:

I completely agree, with me the anticipation is far worse....I think it's where we've learned to imagine all the worse scenarios, it's really hard to then unlearn them.

You're doing so well :yesyes:

Annie0904
16-11-12, 08:42
:yahoo: Well done...I knew you could do it :yesyes: