PDA

View Full Version : To all who suffer from chest pain and breathing problems

whybother
15-11-12, 22:08
Hello, I am 22 years old and would like to know how many of you are like me. Do you suffer from chest pain?
Do you have trouble breathing, feel breathless?
Do you feel so tired?
I want us to put eachothers minds at ease with this thread. I know these are symptoms of heart attack, angina, asthma etc.. But They are symptons of Anxiety and stress also. We must remember this. It's easy for me to tell others it's just anxiety but i must admit I'm very scared it's something of a medical emergency.
Please share your experiences, thoughts and feelings.
Thank you for your time. :)

Jules147
15-11-12, 22:52
22, right?

fozzy is crying
15-11-12, 22:54
I voted yes but then I have had 2 heart attacks over the years.

whybother
15-11-12, 23:22
22, right?
YES why

Jules147
16-11-12, 01:03
At 22 it is more likely to be anxiety than anything else.

PM sent.

Gotagetthroughthis
16-11-12, 01:24
Jules I know your only trying to help and it is quite likely that the symptoms people have on here are caused by anxiety. But I see you posting all the time telling people they are not ill and it is all anxiety and some times that may not be the case.

I don't mean to be rude, i know your just trying reassure people which is good but ive seen you do it many times and your not physic and may prevent some people from going to there doctor when they need to. But if they have been checked by the doctor then fine extra reassurance is all good.

Jules147
16-11-12, 02:00
I don't believe I have ever made, nor would I ever attempt to make any diagnosis.

A visit to a doctor is always a good idea when feeling ill or worried. That said, the doctor's diagnosis is often difficult to accept when you are suffering from anxiety and its often very powerful symptoms.

I know; I've been there.

At 22, heart disease is very unlikely, certainly if no heart defect has been diagnosed, would you agree?

The OP in such situations should always see their GP, if only for reassurance and to discuss treatment options as appropriate for both or either anxiety and to eliminate serious illness as may (unlikely) be the case.

I suffered, big time and still do but to a much, much lesser extent. I would hate to see someone so young suffer unnecessarily both physically and emotionally/mentally when it could be avoided.