PDA

View Full Version : Someone stop me googling

Jem27
17-08-06, 14:15
I feel so close to going on NHS direct and reading up on chronic leaukemia, I use to read up on it all the time 2 yrs ago when my anxiety was severe but I hardly ever do it now but I have it in my head that ive chronic leaukemia because im exhausted 24/7, weakness in legs, heavy & longer periods than I use to have (had my 3rd baby 10mths ago) and im on day 7 now and period still hasn't gone, feel totally washed out with the sinus infection that won't go away, dr has just given me a steroid spray and Im getting a headache all down the back of my head which could be stress I guess but ive got it in my head that when I see the dr tomorrow he will get me to have a full blood count done and I will have leaukemia or something nasty:(

I feel like crying im so scared, ive never felt this tired in my life, im really struggling right now with 3 kids and trying to keep on top of my worries. I have been doing so well off the anti ds but since I came off them ive felt physically ill not mentally but drs always say its my anxiety and I feel a fool.

jackie
17-08-06, 14:18
jem remember these sites are not for people like us. you have no illness as such just one of the mind

please try to see how angerous this googling is as it makes us fear things we have not got

believe me i know how hard it is

jackie

Jem27
17-08-06, 14:24
but im sure ive got something serious as I feel terrible and i just want to know that the symptoms ive got dont match it because i keep thinking im sure they do from readinng 2 yrs ago:-(
Thanks for replying.

Piglet
17-08-06, 18:28
Jem if you keep going on google I am gonna make you wear mittens so you can't type.

My friends husbands health has improved tenfold since he stopped googling!!

I also remember in pre google days my mum very firmly taking away a big blue medical book from my dad and funnily enough his health improved from that day onwards too and he's now 70!!!

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

manmoor
17-08-06, 19:00
Hi Jem,

Quit your googling or else I'm gonna tie your two hands together with twine lol. Please Jem dont google I went through a stage of that and it sent my health anxiety into orbit. Instead of googling read the posts on the forum hun and hopefully that will help you.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

Jem27
17-08-06, 19:05
Thanks hun, I already did and got my knickers in a twist.

J

Cindy
18-08-06, 12:34
I don't think it will turn out that bad I to sometimes think I have the worst of things.Googling really bad i to have a problem with that and it just makes me feel worst

Loads of hugs and kisses for you

Jem27
18-08-06, 13:03
Thanks Cindy

Allie
23-08-06, 21:03
I used to google mental illness/ and breathing probs all the time just to make sure I had none of the symptoms, however all this did was make things worse as I would latch onto a new symptom and worry about that. It got ridiculous as I was checking out whether or not I had senile dementia (I'm 21 for gods sake!) My therapist has banned me from googling illnesses! It has done me the world of good! I give my mobile to my mom when I get the urge to check on my mobile internet too!

THE VOICE INSIDE YOUR HEAD IS NOT THE VOICE OF GOD. IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE IT THINKS IT IS! Cheri Huber

Jem27
23-08-06, 21:12
Thanks I use to google all the time, i try not to know but i did 2nite because im nervous about my bloods tomorrow.