PDA

View Full Version : hi

Ghoulgirl
16-11-12, 11:52
Hi..im new to this but not to panic or GAD..hope i can get some new advise or just a friendly chat when i need one..we are in this together :blush:

nomorepanic
16-11-12, 12:06
Hi Ghoulgirl

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Annie0904
16-11-12, 12:14
Hi :welcome: :)

LindsayD
16-11-12, 12:32
Hi, i've only been one here a few days so would be nice to chat :hugs:

tessasuzanne
16-11-12, 12:52
Hi! I'm new too, but like you, not new to panic or anxiety. How is everyone today?

Sparkle1984
16-11-12, 13:41
Welcome to the forums! :)

Ghoulgirl
16-11-12, 14:14
thanks for the welcome all..just been signed off work again for week..dose upped to 40mg of Citalapram and worried about getting sack..so trying to get head round but cant at the mo

tessasuzanne
16-11-12, 14:25
Hey Ghoulgirl,
Poor you, sounds like you're having a rough time at the moment. Please don't worry yourself over getting the sack. You are ill! It is no different from having an infection/broken leg and not being able to work. I know you've probably heard that a million times before but it is because it is true! Try not to spend your time worrying about what you cannot control! Don't even worry about trying to get your head around it, just try and accept it. I know how hard that can be, but we are all here for you!
In the mean time I suggest you curl up on the sofa with a good book or film to keep your mind occupied :)
I hope you start to feel better soon, fingers crossed a higher does of citalopram will do the trick.
Tess x

Sparkle1984
16-11-12, 17:17
Please don't worry about your employer sacking you for being ill - they can't do that and there are laws preventing companies from sacking people without good reason. Even if they did try, there's a good chance it would count as unfair dismissal.

Ghoulgirl
16-11-12, 17:59
:flowers: well i set myself little goals today which i achived..not big or life changing stuff but what i wanted to do..tonight will be a test as im going out..i am a social person who suffers in silence with panic..my close mates and husband know but most i can fool..as im looking to bring the drink under control it will be an achievement tonight to enjoy without being battered

Sparkle1984
16-11-12, 18:04
You should be pleased with yourself that you've achieved your goals for today - well done! Enjoy your night out. :D

joseph83
16-11-12, 19:51
Hi there, I am in the same position regarding worrying about my job, it doesn't help the anxiety at all though, catch 22. Hope things turn out well though