PDA

View Full Version : does anyone feel sick when there anxiety high help needed

trish1955
16-11-12, 13:28
hi my anxiety is through the roof right now and i feel verey sick with it i hate feeling or being sick make me panic so its a ongoing circle of panick feeling sick makeing more panic rise help take care all

RichieSwansea
18-11-12, 13:31
Yeh I'm similar, i feel sick for a large part of my day, even though i know I'm not going to be sick, I always feel sick.

This lasts for hours sometimes, sucks pretty bad lol, think i'd rather be sick sometimes it would be less stressful, let me know if you find any help for that, i constantly struggle with this, so dont worry your not the only one.

Hope all is well (as can be)

Richie:wall:

Annie0904
18-11-12, 13:41
This is the worst symptom of anxiety for me, constantly feeling nauseous :hugs:

simms
18-11-12, 13:57
I feel sick for most of the day from the moment I wake up but usually eases by mid afternoon to the evening. I'm hoping cit which I've been on for 4 weeks cuts the anxiety which hopefully in turn will reduce the nausea or cut it out completely.

potato11
18-11-12, 16:10
Hi everyone

Something that helped reassure me about feeling sick, is watching a BBC programme where a Dr swallowed a camera and they were doing all sorts of talks on how the human digestive system works.

They showed a short animation of just how much your guts are constantly moving (sorry!) squeezing food down the tubes on it's journey!! literally, we might not feel much but our whole abdomen is constantly squeezing and relaxing like a worm does.

It's hardly surprising then that when we're anxious, the adrenaline acts on these muscles making them work a little faster , plus the addition of extra stomach acid due to fight/flight = no wonder we feel a little bit sick :)

I always find explanations like that put it in to perspective. Hope it helps

Starmist
18-11-12, 17:57
Glad I'm not the only one!! I feel over the moon when I don't feel sick at all for a whole day! Mine usually starts when I wake up and i'm fine until 6pm when I'm getting ready for dinner as meal times are starting to become a problem for me :S Then I'm feeling the same way until my partner goes to sleep. Once I'm alone so the day times and when he's asleep I feel I can be okay and feel anxious and sick alone.. if that makes sense? Having emetophobia doesn't really help the situation either!

Rls1994
20-11-12, 18:38
'Ello there! :hugs:

YES! I'm a person that's nearly constantly worrying about things, and I feel nauseous most days because of it. Then when I feel nauseous, I worry about that. It's a vicious circle. :doh: And since I have a phobia of vomiting, it makes everything 100x worse for me.... :glare: