PDA

View Full Version : Pins and needles and weird left side symptoms :(

ElectricAlice
16-11-12, 14:17
Hey guys.

I haven't posted for a while because I feel like sometimes this site triggers my anxiety. But I really need some help coping with these symptoms, because they're not going away.

I need help convincing myself they are anxiety.

If you can read my story I'd appreciate it so much.

About 4 months ago I took a legal high on holiday, it was overly intense and I had a 4 day come down. A week after this I had my first migraine, complete with pins and needles down my left arm, hand and cheek.

I got rushed to the hospital but they did a bunch of tests for stroke, and said it seemed definitely like a migraine.

All this triggered my health anxiety that hasn't been present for a year. Everything went through my head, from thinking I'd had a mini stroke (something I'm still scared of, but I didn't have any facial weakness, speech problems, and all the paramedics and drs said I was fine. They would e able to tell right?!

A while after the incident I was ok. But then I started to focus on the left side of my face, sure it felt numb, and then I got all the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome in my left hand. These have improved since.

Currently for the past 3 months I have experienced the following, and it is definitely worse when I focus on it and when I'm anxious:

Slight Pins and needles in my left cheek, that increase when I panic.
The same including loss of sensation in my left hand.
Pins and needles in my left toes.

Also my left eyelid seems slightly lower than the right, is this normal?!

And the usual head aches.

Like I say, al this happens worse when I'm anxious.

It seems like the only way I can not have this happen is if I don't pay any attention to the symptoms. Like completely ignire them. But this seems impossible considering that I'm so terrified ill be stuck like this forever and that I've got something worse like a tumour or a blood clot.

I went to the neurologist who said its like my brain is remembering what happened during my migraine. I'm scared it caused permanent damage though. He said she thinks its just anxiety and not to worry.

I have an MRI in a month though.

Anyone who has experience with this please help.

Also she advised because of the migraine I have increased chance of stroke. So now I think I'm on the verge of stroke everytime this happens.

I'm really struggling guys, any advice?

honeyp1e
23-11-12, 01:07
i was just about to write a post like this till i seen yours i have been getting these pins & needles feelings in both hands and feet and the more i panic the worse they get....
i also suffer a lot of migraines (usually above left eye) & also acid reflux :( these like you all happens worse wen am anxious so even though we no its just are anxiety causing most of these symptoms we still panic !!

ive just got this off the symptoms page on here hope it helps -
Numbness or tingling in hands and feet

What you feel:

You feel pins and needles in your hands and feet, or other parts of your body. Sometimes you get a feeling like a particular area of your body is numb or frozen. Other times you may feel a burning sensation in your arms, legs or face.
What causes this:

Since the nervous system conveys touch sensations to the brain, when the nervous system is over stimulated, it can sometimes send impaired information which will often be felt as a numbness, tingling or pins and needles. For example, when an individual pinches a nerve they usually feel the results of this as numbness or tingling in a certain part of the body.
Because the entire skin area of the body is touch sensitive (nerves cells connected to the brain through the nervous system network), any part of the skin or body can feel numb, tingly or as pins and needles.
Typically this sensation comes and goes, and will affect a wide range of body areas off and on. It's nothing to be concerned with and will subside once the nervous system gets sufficient rest.