PDA

View Full Version : Picking up on other people's symptoms

lass
17-08-06, 16:00
I've found this website such a godsend and everyone's comments and support are so useful. However, I think I am not doing myself any favours coming on here when I am feeling vulnerable.

So far, I had only considered my symptoms as bowel cancer, and I am having investigations for this at the moment. On my better days, I accept this as IBS and anxiety.

However, reading other peoples posts over the last week or so, I am now thinking I have ovarian cancer too :( This was something I hadn't even considered until now. I'm not even sure on what all the symptoms are (I'm just about keeping myself from googling!), but I have developed low abdominal and back pain which are different to my "normal" pains.

My rational mind (when it makes a fleeting appearance) tells me that this is all in my head and I am only thinking about it and feeling it coz I've been reading the other posts. However, most of the time my negative mind is saying "yes, but what if ....".

My hubby thinks I should stay off here a while, but most of the time I find it such a comfort to switch on the computer and read other people explaining how I feel!

I'm just all confused and feeling down at the moment. All my horrible symptoms have returned in abundance. I think I am losing the plot :(

Caroline
xx

juju
17-08-06, 16:14
yes you can feel more anxious reading up on other peoples symptoms, however i only do this if a new one appears to me, and then i just check that it is anxiety and it always is, then its peace of mind for me.
juju

we are all stronger people after having this

darkangel
17-08-06, 17:50
i am quite susceptible to picking up other peoples symptoms so i am always careful what posts i read. i do however find it helpful to come on to this site but on particular bad days - only read posts that i know i can cope with.

take care

darkangel x

........life is for living not just for surviving