PDA

View Full Version : Panicking so much right now...constant awareness of thoughts?

little.miss.worry
16-11-12, 19:23
Ever since last night ive been fully aware of my thoughts and it's really starting to scare me...like im obsessing over it :( I have constant songs in my head that wont go away!! it's jumping from one song to another like while im typing this out thinking what to say it's in the background...I noticed earlier that when my mind was occupied I didn't notice it at all so is it me just making myself doing it and im obsessing over it? because I started to sing songs in my head last night to calm me down and ever since then it won't go :'( please help? anyone ever had this?:weep:

Trent1481
16-11-12, 19:59
Yeah its called OCD. I have had that too, but with killing myself. I knew i would never kill myself, but the thought of it always stayed in my head. It's called harm OCD. So what help me was time, over time the thoughts faded away. I think those thoughts linger because we are afraid of them, and once we realize that there are just silly thoughts they go away. You might be afraid that the thoughts will never go away and will drive you mad? But its all apart of the anxiety and will go away. So try to keep you mind occupied, do something that takes a lot of mental effort. Like a cross-word puzzle, or any other brain game. We can't control our thoughts, but we can control if we want to hang on to the thought or just let it go.

Charlee123
16-11-12, 20:18
I have this. Voices in my head telling me that im going insane and that i will forget who my family are because i have dementia it something. This leads to panic. Or i panic for no reason, then the voices come. Typing this now the voices are there.

Your not alone