PDA

View Full Version : trina newbie

trina2012
16-11-12, 20:30
ive got really bad anziety , really pain in the butt everyday, darent go out on my own. panic attacks. been put on citolopram 10mg on monday will these help or make me worse x:scared15:

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

anyones got any advice please say x

Annie0904
16-11-12, 20:35
Hi, I have never taken citolopram myself but if you look at the forum jump near the bottom of the page you will find more posts about citolopram and they may be of help to you x

nomorepanic
16-11-12, 20:37
Hi trina2012

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Sparkle1984
16-11-12, 20:49
Welcome to the forums Trina. :)

I'm also on 10mg citalopram and for the first 5 days or so I had side effects like insomnia and nausea (which meant that I hardly ate anything for the first few days, even though I felt hungry). I also had a rapid heart beat for the first couple of weeks. Most of the side effects did gradually wear off for me in less than a week.

By Week 3, my mood was a lot more stable and I felt happier in myself, even though I did still have some underlying anxiety it didn't bother me so much. It took me until Week 11 until I felt the full effects of the medication. I'm on Week 14 now. I also attended a 6-week CBT Stress Control course, which was really helpful for me. My course has finished now but it taught me lots of useful techniques for controlling my anxiety and managing my thoughts better.

So in summary, the citalopram may make you feel worse for a few days but then you should start to feel better.