PDA

View Full Version : big problem

maximus1975
16-11-12, 20:33
guys i have a big problem on my hands my addiction to lorazepam, the consultant switched me over to diazepam and i totally lost the plot yesterday i was so anxious it wasnt even funny and i new exactly why even with the massive dose they started me on i was craving lorazepam i no longer crave booze i dont even miss it that much just the social side of it i went back to the drs this morning and he gave me some lorazepam but he didnt want to and said the change will have to be made real soon im dreading it i didnt even have tea last night as i was so nervous i just lay in bed feeling awful one day without any lorazepam and i was borderline suicidal what the hell am i gunna do ?? :mad::mad:

Annie0904
16-11-12, 20:37
I would contact your doctor for advise if it is affecting you so much :hugs:

maximus1975
17-11-12, 16:00
have spoke to my dr annie and he wants me of lorazepam problem is its the drug that lets me leave a half normal life , i even managed to play golf with my friends today 1 month ago i was suicidal withdrawing from a booze binge

MARK1971
17-11-12, 16:46
hi maximus sorry your having rough time of it mate. your doctor is right any benzo drugs should only be for short term/emergency use only as prolonged use can lead to all sorts of problems addiction obviously being a serious one also you will build up tolerance very quickly which will lead to the dose being upped etc. also trying to come off benzo when addcited is very hard and the withdrawal is evil. i am nurse and having looked after withdrawing patients i saw what they go through. i only take them when i have to.

regards
mark

maximus1975
17-11-12, 17:27
so basically im looking at going into a residence ? i cant see how im gunna do it at home on my own i no i will go suicidal ive herd the withdrawal is one of the toughest in life

MARK1971
17-11-12, 17:32
honestly made the withdrawal is horrible have you tried anti-depressants combined with the benzo while waiting for the ad to kick in. they weren't for me second time round but the first tine they helped but then i was sectioned.

Anxious_gal
18-11-12, 06:44
Rehab? Or a stay in hospital until you get through the hard part ?
I really don't know but seems like you need more support.

maximus1975
18-11-12, 13:33
yeh i think its gunna have to be one or the other i really am badly addicted to lorazepam i wish id never started the drug but i truly believe it saved me at the time i was so anxious i was walking 20 miles a day to tire myself out just to try and get to sleep