PDA

View Full Version : citalopram

kari2910
16-11-12, 20:36
HI,
I am 22 and a unversity student. I have been taking citalopram since i was 15. Started for ocd but now for anxiety. I was feeling good at the end of this summer so talked to my doctor about winding down. I went from 40 to 30 to 20, then I started to take 20 every 3rd day then every 5th day. Which I was told does nothing so I abruptly stopped it. I have never experenced this much anxiety before in my life! Panick attacks, anxiety al day long, trouble eating, trouble doing anything. I started doing 20 again 3 weeks ago, no help. took 30 the last couple of days, that for a few more days then back on 40. I haven't have a panick attack today so it seems like the celexa is starting to work but i still can't eat and I still feel anxious and horrible the whole day and I just feel like I want to go to bed and cry. Does this get any easier? Anyone have any tips on what to take while the celexa starts working again or what to do!?!?!?
I have another doctors appointment in 2 days....
They gave me ativan also 1mg and I have been taking it as needed, dont take it uness i really need to because i know its bad, i want something else.

help??????

little scientist
16-11-12, 21:05
Hey Kari, sorry to hear you are having such a rough time of it. I am on my second time of citalopram after unsuccessfully trying to come off it earlier this year. What I have noticed this time is it has taken longer for the citalopram to work this time round, but slowly it is working and I am getting there.

I was signed off work by my doctor for three weeks while I grounded myself and got back on my feet. While the rest helped, i had a lot of time with myself. Find things to distract yourself with, swimming, or going for a walk or an exercise class? Reading or even something like knitting or sewing! Sewing is my kind of thing, keeps me busy and makes me concentrate on something.

It will get better, 3 weeks is still early days but hopefully you will start to see glimmers of positivity soon :)

kari2910
16-11-12, 21:18
do you know of anything that can be taken while celexa starts to work again to help with anxiety.

little scientist
16-11-12, 21:24
Other than what you have been given already, I don't sorry. Have you tried any relaxation CDs? I have one that I listen to daily which I think helps :)