PDA

View Full Version : Losing touch of reality, afraid of whats to come..

mistakenbeauty
17-11-12, 03:44
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum. I came across it by googling some of my symptoms.
I constantly assess my health and make diagnosis's. For example, if i get cramping I am afraid that my intestines are rupturing inside me.. I also get afraid sometimes to eat food because I'm afraid that my stomach will explode.

I believe the main influence on these thoughts is media of various sorts. I tend to investigate bizzarre diseases, health conditions, all that stuff.

It has gotten to the point that I go to the hospital often... I really need to stop making these assessments and I wish I didn't feel alone.

I constantly think I have an undiagnosed medical/mental condition. I am very afraid of becoming pregnant because of the fear of miscarrying.

Some nights I am afraid to go to sleep because I fear dying.

I get light headed at work, have panic attacks, and get flustered over the smallest things, but I seem to have more control over these emotions in front of people.

I just really need some advice on my situation. I am 18 years old and I do not want these feelings/thoughts to debilitate me for the rest of my life.

I dropped out of high school because of Agoraphobia, and ever since I've felt weak and useless.

I'm afraid that I will never be able to become a functioning member of society with great success. I am currently working as a manager, interacting with people is my number one expectation, strangely, I have no problems doing that.

My case is a little difficult.... Thank you for reading this, any advice, anything at all would be much appreciated

:shrug:

starlight78
17-11-12, 06:57
Hi there,

So many people here will relate to your struggles and fears. What you describe is health anxiety and us treatable. It sounds like you have gotten into patterns of researching and diagnosing yourself, which is obviously not helping.

A CBT based treatment would get you to do the opposite! I strongly urge you to speak to your GP about possible anti depressant meds alongside CBT, either through Italk (if you have it where you are?) or through your local mental health team. X