PDA

View Full Version : tension headache back with a vengence

nattynoo
17-08-06, 19:25
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

i have been feeling so much better this week - i have had no tension headaches and generally felt good.

until today....

sure enough when i got up this morning i had the funny spaced out feeling in my head and now suffering a bit of pressure.

i am so fed up.

how do you stop it?????

clarissa
17-08-06, 19:42
darling you are not alone - I have had that for a couple of days now. Weather affects it as well, make sure you drink plenty of cool water and keep your window open when in bed. What you haven't got is a brain tumor - as if you would think that!!:D
As soon as the weather changes again all will be OK.

there's a place that I dream of when I sleep, so peaceful, so quite, I call it mother earth.

nattynoo
17-08-06, 20:33
Thanks Clarissa

I just dont know what is up with me! i make it so much worse for myself by constantly worrying and stressing over it...

I feel like i just want to burst into tears!

feeling very sorry for myself right now

Jem27
17-08-06, 22:51
Hun, have you been to see your GP? hypnotherapy is brilliant, if I could afford it id go every week, I had 3 sessions and it did wonders.

nattynoo
18-08-06, 09:24
Im feeling much better today folks.

largely because i had a REALLY long night's sleep last night!

I am going to try and just relax and chill and remind myself that there is nothing terminally wrong with me and that it is just a nasty tension headache.

I am resisting the urge to go to the docs though.

I know it sounds silly but i kind of want to get through this with my own grit and determination!!

hayles
18-08-06, 09:27
Well done natt for being positive this morn.

I have been suffering this week with real bad tension. At the back of my head, top of my neck. It feels like my head is going to explode and that somthing inside alomost needs to pop....does that make sense or sound familiar?

I get so stressed over it, the doc says it is stress, but i am not stressed only when these pains arrive...thats when i am stressed.

It makes me want to burst into tears with frustration xxx

Hay x

nattynoo
18-08-06, 10:58
Hey Hayles (and co!)

Yeah - tension and head pressure is the worst. especially when you have to sit at work and play it cool.

i have a little bit of tightness in my head right now but i am refusing to let it bother me and i am just keeping myself v busy.

its weird, i get so upset that i just want to cry but i am literally unable to cry - like i refuse to allow myself. its annoying because crying is such a good way to release....

take care all

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

chellebelle
19-08-06, 10:57
Hey natt,

I know what you mean about trying to get through it without going to the Doc's. It's such a relief to know that other people suffer from severe pain coz of tension headaches too, whenever I read about them it says they are a dull pain - like hell! I wish nobody had to feel it though! The only thing that helps me is a wheat bag that you heat in the microwave. Does anyone get dizzy with this?

"This too, shall pass"

nattynoo
20-08-06, 09:38
A fascinating thing happened to me yesterday...i was at my friends house and started to get a tight tension headache... i was trying to stay normal and calm but it was most definitely there and feeling incredibly uncomfortable..

THEN i went to another friends house and there were a few of us there and i had a glass of wine. i started relaxing and having fun. and you know what.. the headache WENT!!

it only confirmed what deep deep down i already know - that us people prone to anxiety and panic allow our brains to convince us that we have this and that..... but in fact we dont!!! and if we only let ourselves do something that takes our minds off of it then (hopefully) the symptoms go!!

fingers crossed that i dont get another one for a while..!!

xxxx

hayles
21-08-06, 09:15
Thats great Nat, I had a good day yesterday too. No head pains. I am taking a homeopathic remedy....Nat Nur, its meant for head pains and tension etc....Ihope it works.

Chelle - I use a hot wheat bag all the time. I sometimes stick it round my neck or actually on my head. My husband thinks i am a nutter!!!

Hay x

nattynoo
21-08-06, 10:37
i am at a loss.... what is a hot wheat bag???!!

no headache today AT ALL!! have i broken the cycle??!!

hayles
21-08-06, 10:56
live a bean bag, you put in mricowave and it heats up and then you can put it on your aches and pains!!!

Hay x

nattynoo
21-08-06, 11:29
oooooohhh! never heard of that one!

i did have a second lot of reflexology yesterday (having a course of 6) and it really is working wonders.

Already i feel much better and all the tension in my shoulders is dispersing.

by the end of the treatment i should no longer have tension going up my neck and into my head -which should definitely help with the headaches!

i would recommend to ANYONE!!

hayles
21-08-06, 11:45
I have had a few reflexology treatements (my bezzie mate is a reflexologist, they are very relaxing)

I am in the process of having Reiki healing....anyone done this?

Hay x

nattynoo
21-08-06, 13:00
yeah - its my best mate that gives me the reflexology too!!

i have never had reiki but i know of people who have and they swear by it!

i am waiting for my mate to do a course in it so i can reap the benefits!!

[:P]

hayles
21-08-06, 14:15
My best mate is doing indian head massage next year so am really looking forward to receiving some of that!!!!

Hay x

nattynoo
22-08-06, 18:33
just starting to get a headache again. really trying to override it but getting sooo fed up.

it has only been bad for the last few weeks and is getting a lot better but kind of feels like it has been going on for years not weeks...

Its to the point where i cant recall how it feels to be care free and "well"

juju
22-08-06, 20:33
hi
i have had the past few days incredible neck and head tension, iron band, head pressure etc its also affecting the nerves in my teeth and cheeks, ears, i think the adrenalin is all up there at the moment, bloody awful isnt it. oh and i have been seeing spots of colours and brightness too, light headed also, does any one else see colours?

we are all stronger people after having this

memyselfandi
24-09-07, 16:18
Im feeling much better today folks.

largely because i had a REALLY long night's sleep last night!

I am going to try and just relax and chill and remind myself that there is nothing terminally wrong with me and that it is just a nasty tension headache.

I am resisting the urge to go to the docs though.

I know it sounds silly but i kind of want to get through this with my own grit and determination!!

Me too

I am avoiding the docs at all costs. Not easy when they are the only one that you can confide in that can tell you it all fine. Its amazing how these symptoms just come and go. My mind is getting very creative at the mo. It keeps giving me a new pain/tightness. The only thing that keeps me from visiting the docs is the fact that my symptoms are so wide and varied.

I agree with you you wake up with a fuzzy head and scalp aching and wonder why the relaxing stuff has not worked.

Try Meditation, cheaper than hypnotherapy. Go to a Meditation class and just see how relaxed you can get by yourself. After all when you get the anxiety symptoms you feel like your by yourself so think if you could be your own hypnotherapist!!

I meditate once a day and once I got over the wierdness it all clicked in to place. What I will say is that it takes time, practice every day and soon a 15 min meditation will seem to take 5 mins. Thats when you know you have cracked it.

If you can't find a class in your area then buy "meditation for dummies" you can get it from amazon. It comes with a CD which you can use in your high stress moments.

Take Care

Mark

saresare
27-10-09, 23:21
hi everyone,, yeh chelle belle i get pressure in my head along with tightness and dizzyness!!!!! i hate it its horrible... is pressure and tightness normal wen sufferin with anxiety. all mine seem to get worse wen im not doin anythin :/