PDA

View Full Version : hard lump and dizziness??

natsphantom
17-11-12, 10:20
Morning all. I hope your all ok.

For the past 3 days i have been very dizzy. If i tilt my head either side it feels like im floating.Very hard to try and describe the exact feelings but im feeling almost not here if that makes any sense. I suffer from OCD and GAD and often had dizzy spells while in a panic attack, but ive been feeling ok and generally not too panicy at the moment. Couldn't even wash my hair in the bath because of the dizzyness. Its like my eyes have a delayed reaction and things just seem to be going in slow mo.
Another thing troubling me is that i have a hard lump at the base of my sternum. Now its been there for a long time and its not been something ive really worried about until recently. It gotten bigger in size( well it feels as though it has) and its very uncomfortable to wear a bra as it feels as though im being constricted. I get some pangs of pain around the area so obviously im starting to worry. Im not sure what it is and because of my nature of worrying im thinking its something really bad like a tumour. Silly i know but the worry is very real.
Im wondering if anyone else has a lump there at all? Or if anyone would be able to offer some advice it would be very much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

ankietyjoe
17-11-12, 16:42
I found a hard lump under my sternum (and I'm a dude!) last year when I was particularly panicky and checking every part of my body pretty much 24/7

Then I realised everybody has it. It feels tender if I push it too, so I stop pushing it.

As for the dizziness, it sucks. The only real relief I've found from it is meditation, as I discovered that my dizziness is most often triggered by stiff neck and shoulder muscles that occur when I'm stressing about things such as dizziness. It's a nasty viscous circle.

For the record, if you really apply some practise to it, meditation seems to cure all for me. It comes back, and it's a long term struggle, but my panic attacks have all but disappeared since I started.

davyboy123
20-11-12, 13:12
Hi there
Are you still suffering from this dizziness? maybe check ear/sinus infection or mold spores which can also cause this.