PDA

View Full Version : Tips for long term health care

devonte
17-11-12, 12:28
Hi, i am new here and i want to know some important tips of health care for giving long term. Anyone ?

ElizabethJane
17-11-12, 18:32
:welcome:Hi I'm not sure what you are asking for? Long term psychiatric care i.e. for serious mental health problems such as bi-polar and schizophrenia are usually managed in the community and with drugs. Hospitalisation is usually kept to a minimum. I notice that you are from the US and I guess that access to mental health services would be different than in the UK? Some people have access to support such as seeing a psychiatrist and therapy. There might be on going support from a CPN.It is bit of a postcode lottery and in some areas there is little on going support for people with any sort of mental health problem.I have latterly chosen the private route only because hubs has medical insurance. My own illness which has been long and enduring has been managed by my GP, drugs and occasionally visits to the psychiatrist. I have also had access to many types of therapy and been hospitalised (now a long time in the past) Hope this helps. EJ.

devonte
23-11-12, 05:56
I am here asking about dementia care. In this , peoples under the age of 65-70 have mental impairment due to old age and also loss memories.

ElizabethJane
23-11-12, 15:10
I am here asking about dementia care. In this , peoples under the age of 65-70 have mental impairment due to old age and also loss memories.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for that. Someone on here might know? You need to be bit more specific when asking for help. EJ

Annie0904
23-11-12, 15:15
You might find this helpful http://www.dementiacarecentral.com/forum

nomorepanic
23-11-12, 15:17
I think this is a spammer to be honest

ElizabethJane
23-11-12, 18:16
Thanks Nic I thought as much. EJ

nomorepanic
23-11-12, 18:26
I am just waiting to see if they reply to my PM - if not they are off lol