PDA

View Full Version : Horrid night time palpitations and nausea but trying out "radical acceptance"!

Sazza
17-11-12, 18:13
Hi,

Well, there's been a LOT going on in recent years, and basically I think I've become "worn out" and my adrenal glands have been going berserk, telling my body to be on red alert all the time. Adrenalin rushes, palpitations, sleep problems, eating problems, nausea, IBS, hot flushes and cold sweats, you name it...

The thoughts have been bad too... I know why it all flared up, and right now I have to take a bit of care of myself as I'm tired and dehydrated, so I won't go into all the ins and outs, but needless to say it's been very up and down and a tough tough week for me to keep hanging on to the hope that I'll be okay...

So I just wanted to share that apart from the rehydration drinks, and resting, and positivity, I'm really trying out radical acceptance... It seems that the more I object (internally) about my current situation the more frightening it can be. So I'm trying out just allowing it to be there and telling myself it's ONLY feelings...

Of course I want it to go away, and yes, it's important to believe that this will pass and remember the times I've had this before and got through it, but I'm finding that just saying "just for today I'm feeling delicate so therefore will be kind to myself and not judge the situation as good or bad" it's really helping me...

I'm also trying out some self-reflexology, and self-hypnosis, both with the thought in mind that it's a process, rather than expecting it to just dissappear all of a sudden. LOL...

Hugs to all. Saz x