PDA

View Full Version : Fear of Schizophrenia is back!

JustBenn
17-11-12, 23:23
If you look on my past threads, I made a post about my fear of schizophrenia 2 years ago, well after so long, its back again,

I was reading an article today, that said,

http://www.scotsman.com/news/health/not-getting-a-good-night-s-sleep-could-cause-schizophrenia-1-2642350

I have a bad habbit of sleeping late, past 2am, this is normally on weekends or holidays, Is this article true,

can anyone get schizo or does it only trigger for people who are born with it?

also I read the treatment of it is being abandonded because it is expensive?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/nov/14/schizophrenia-recovery-nhs-cuts

these have made my anxiety rise!

I'd like to think, even If I do get it, I would like to have the chance to get treatment,.

It's not fair!

Anxious_gal
18-11-12, 07:27
Having met people with the condition .
It seems to often start before the age 25.
For them warning signs were hallucinations, seeing and hearing things.
That's pretty much the hallmark sign. But also having trouble staying in reality.

Lots of other conditions cause you to see and hear things too, but I guess with schizophrenia it's much more a combination of symptoms .
There's also various types of schizophrenia as well.

But to be honest you don't sound like you have and if you did you'd be getting treatment because it would be obvious to those around you.

You cant get schizophrenia. It's mainly genetic. Also it even shows up on brain scans. It's a brain problem.
There's a BIG difference between being nurotic as in depressed or anxious compared to psychotic where you are hearing,seeing things and are somewhat in your own world.

No amount of stress can make you develope schizophrenia.

I don't think you've ever met anyone with the disorder otherwise I really don't think you would ask if you had it.

Supersal1984
18-11-12, 07:50
I worry about this too! I work in family law, and I see many women becoming psychotic after having a child! And now I am basically terrified of having children!

However, anxious girl, your post is massively reassuring, thank you x

JustBenn
18-11-12, 16:13
Having met people with the condition .
It seems to often start before the age 25.
For them warning signs were hallucinations, seeing and hearing things.
That's pretty much the hallmark sign. But also having trouble staying in reality.

Lots of other conditions cause you to see and hear things too, but I guess with schizophrenia it's much more a combination of symptoms .
There's also various types of schizophrenia as well.

But to be honest you don't sound like you have and if you did you'd be getting treatment because it would be obvious to those around you.

You cant get schizophrenia. It's mainly genetic. Also it even shows up on brain scans. It's a brain problem.
There's a BIG difference between being nurotic as in depressed or anxious compared to psychotic where you are hearing,seeing things and are somewhat in your own world.

No amount of stress can make you develope schizophrenia.

I don't think you've ever met anyone with the disorder otherwise I really don't think you would ask if you had it.

Thanks for that, really needed the reasurrence

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

Bump!

Sorry, I just can't get it out of my head, I sometimes get unwanted thoughts such as violent's or messed up things, things that I would never ever do,

Is it me or does anyone have these thoughts, I sometimes feel that this is what people with Schizophrenic think about.

I'm not a violent person, and would never hurt anyone. Its horrible thinking like this!

Anxious_gal
19-11-12, 06:55
Look up pure O.
You can get scary thoughts/images but it freaks you out which means you're fine :p
I can get very violent thoughts, I'm not a violent person. But it's normals to have all kinds of thoughts.

No those people, they have thoughts like paranoid ones, things like the government is after them, their phone is bugged.
Often they feel as if something is watching them.
They can then feel like they are powerful as if they could do anything and never get hurt.
Their thoughts vary, but unlike you they find it hard to tell the difference between the reality and the world in their head. If that makes sense at all.

Their brains definitely don't seem to turn off, like there's a whole other world inside their mind.

StarryBlueGal
22-11-12, 02:20
Do research on Schizophrenia on the internet. I am sure you have not got Schizophrenia. It is very serious illness, and I did research on this as well, and it was interesting to read. People can't tell between reality and fantasy world inside their minds. They see and hear things but being violent to other people is very rare, most people with schizophrenia doesn't hurt people at all. It usually starts before 25 years old - older age is very rare.

I am sure you are having thoughts popping up and having inapproprate thoughts - it is normal, there is some threads about this somewhere on this forum, people do have them and it is fine as long you don't act them out in public! Do search about inappropriate thoughts or instustive thoughts.

StarryBlueGal xx

JustBenn
24-11-12, 14:00
Do research on Schizophrenia on the internet. I am sure you have not got Schizophrenia. It is very serious illness, and I did research on this as well, and it was interesting to read. People can't tell between reality and fantasy world inside their minds. They see and hear things but being violent to other people is very rare, most people with schizophrenia doesn't hurt people at all. It usually starts before 25 years old - older age is very rare.

I am sure you are having thoughts popping up and having inapproprate thoughts - it is normal, there is some threads about this somewhere on this forum, people do have them and it is fine as long you don't act them out in public! Do search about inappropriate thoughts or instustive thoughts.

StarryBlueGal xx

Hey, I did some research the other night,
Last night I experienced a confusing symptom, which lasted for around a minute,
I had just got into bed, and starting thinking about someone, then suddenly, I thought there were 2 people, when there is only one,

I thought the person I was thinking of In my head, was a twin to the reality person, so I thought there were 2 of the same people,
1 in my head, and 1 in reality,

This started to freak my out, and I started sweating, anyway I calmed down, and I the thoughts went!

Confusing and scarey!

I was hoping this is another Anxiety symptom?

Anxious_gal
25-11-12, 06:05
odd thoughts, hallucinations etc.. are very common upon falling asleep and waking up.
I didn't sleep too good last night, at one point I thought I was playing a video game then realized i was in bed, guess I must have been in half a dream :p