PDA

View Full Version : going to try this time!

sunshine32
17-11-12, 23:43
Hello everyone I am new to this site and never posted before! I have been on citalapram for 5 and a half years (minus 9 months when i came off it cold turkey while pregnant). I have been on various doses over the years from 10mg to 40 mg! I am currently on 30 mg! I tried to come off it a few months ago by doing it properly with the dose control but felt rubbish and anxious and ended up back on it and at a higher dose! I feel like it has a hold on me. I really want to come off it. I'm so fed up though of feeling spaced out! I feel like I have no get up and go or motivation for the future. I keep making silly mistakes every day as i feel i have no concentration which i believe is due to being on 30 mg of citalapram, when i was on 40 mg it was horrendous! I was just on auto pilot. So the whole point of this is to try and start the journey of coming off it or even lowering to 10 mg. Last time was hard I remember how dizzy and sick I felt but I really want to do it this time so here goes! thanks to anyone that has read my post! :) wish me luck lol!! ps any advice would be greatly appreciated!!:D xxxxxxx

Gotagetthroughthis
17-11-12, 23:52
Good luck, I switched over from Citalopram to Setraline a couple of months ago and I am debating coming off these things myself but maybe im just kidding myself in thinking ill be ok. Like you i feel spaced out a lot, my short term memory is non existant and i cant concentrate. So I want to have a go at coming off.

Hope it all goes well for you and keep us posted :)

sunshine32
18-11-12, 00:00
hi there gotagetthroughthis thanks for your post! my short term memory is so bad too! thats one of main reasons i want to come off it! im just not on the planet sometimes which is starting to annoy me now! i am going to try and go down the herbal route! i read somewhere about something called 5 htp and holland and barratt sell them so wont be hard to get hold of! ha! it'll prob take me a while though cos been on them so long! will keep u posted! thanks again xxxxxxxx

nippy70
18-11-12, 11:47
hi , i been on cit for about 14 weeks mmm not long sick of the woosey feelings spaced out in the head,,, i thought by now it would have passed ,, i suppose some people are different to others , i have a mate whos on cit and no side effects ,, not fair

sunshine32
19-11-12, 11:22
hi there nippy it's strange isn't it. i think my dose is too high being on 30 mg. really do want to get off it now or even down to 5 mg or even 10 mg. i took just 20 mg for last 3 days and don't feel too bad so far. fingers crossed! also starting a health kick today! had my 1st green tea! ha! just going to try to make positive changes. it's raining bad here but going to get wrapped up put baby in the pram and go a long walk as i think excersise is going to help me greatly with my quest ha! xxxxx