PDA

View Full Version : Bubbly Urine?

axxerd
18-11-12, 00:23
So it is that time of year again...the time when something triggers health anxiety for me. It was just my father's (who passed away less than a year ago) birthday a few days ago, and seemingly like clockwork, the stress associated with thinking of his illness has led me to start stressing over something of my own.

The thing is, I'm not sure if it is something to worry about or if it is even an 'illness' or 'issue'. I tend to overreact to things and over analyze anything that I question about my health.

The latest one is bubbly urine. I somehow heard something recently that bubbly urine could mean diabetes or some other kidney ailments. I have no idea where I heard it, but it was in the back of my mind.

So, when urinating a few nights ago, I noticed bubbles in the toilet. I never paid any attention to this in the past, and as such have no idea if this is a normal occurrence or not. So, I started reading online (I know, bad idea) and now over analyze it even more. I notice that the bubbles are worse at certain times and not as bad at other times. I don't have any other symptoms of diabetes or anything else kidney related from what I can tell.

Is some amount of bubbles/foam in the toilet following urination normal? If so, at what point is it a cause for concern? I have tried to find this info online and have been unsuccessful. I don't have any males in my life that I feel comfortable enough to ask this question to. I did sit down and urinate before doing #2 a couple of days ago, and I noticed that this didn't really bubble..so I'm wondering if force from standing is also a possible cause.

I'd like some comments on this, and to let me know what is 'normal' when it comes to bubbles after you pee.

Thanks

swgrl09
18-11-12, 02:57
First, I am so sorry about your loss. I am similar. My mom got cancer around this time of year two years ago and died a month and a half after, so it was a very traumatic time for me. I already am noticing my anxiety sky-rocketing just because of what time of year it is and the memories that come up. Her birthday is also November 29th so coming up.

I really am sorry you are going through this as well :hugs:

I have heard things about urine and bubbles too, and notice I always have some amount of bubbles .. sometimes more, sometimes less, sometimes I think it is based on "force" of it coming out (sorry TMI)... I would worry occasionally but recently had a urine test come back normal at my physical so I don't really any more. I don't know what it means really, but it must be normal to have some.

axxerd
26-11-12, 21:58
Thanks for this reply!

I have begin to notice a big difference in the amount of bubbles present when drinking a lot of water, and when not. The darker the urine, the more bubbles. I have also noticed that I don't get any bubbles when I urinate sitting down, not even first thing in the morning. I still get bubbles most times when I stand though..so I'm not sure if this is a normal occurrence for people or not. I am assuming that if there was excess protein in the urine, the bubbles would remain when hydrated, and also be present even when sitting?

isybelle
27-11-12, 13:12
Hi love

The logical thing would be that the larger the force of he urine the more bubbles hence the standing up sitting down issue.

But I know for us logical doesn't come easy!

Take care x