PDA

View Full Version : Change of Altitude or ? Driving me crazy!

looking4answers
18-08-06, 04:55
I have been anxious in the past and learned somewhat how to control it but this new or fairly new symptom is making me depressed and worried.I went to a doctor recently before this and he said bp and heart rate was fine and blood test etc looked good.I lived at sea level about eight months ago and had occassional pounding in my ears or neck not sure which now when I got up to fo to the bathroom at night.I didn't think much about it other than maybe I had eaten too much before bedtime and I didn't hear it again unless i was doing some intense work..which in my life this has been pretty normal when working hard..But we moved to a place that is over 8000 ft almost eight months ago..Its really quiet here and windy at times..I would hear my pulse in my ears or in my neck at times during the day and it would eventually go away sometime during the day ..I would experience this about every other day and I thought because it was windy I was keeping an ear infection .My pulse is normal and I don't have headaches very much.. if so just minor ones ...My bp is normal and I seem to be pretty relaxed..no heavy breathing or any other symptoms except this pounding in what seems to be the center of my neck in the back.At first I thought it was in my ears but when I put my fingers in my ears I cannot hear it or if I put my head down to my neck I cannot hear it...I wake in the mornings and after about thirty minutes start hearing it..some louder than other mornings...When I get up and get busy especially outside its not so bad..I can catch it sometimes as a low pitched poom and never a fast pounding just slow and steady ...I don't seem to hear it when the wind blows or im out riding or anything else but if im inside it really annoys me.My logical part says its nothing..after all I have read of people that have had all the test .. and i mean all the test that seem to have what I have ,but nothing is found and they usually have remedies for not hearing it through movement of the head or masking it..My anxious part of me especially after dark wants to say"this isn't good ,what if its a blockage.?" But what is weird I don't have the usually headache or etc associated with the PT I have read about ...I do however suffer from and have always suffered from allergies ,sinus,and ear infections...and most days I feel as though I have water in my ears...so I tend to think its just a inner ear thing..but like I said ...when I close my ears I cannot hear it so I don't know what to think.I don't want to go back to the doctor cause it makes me anxious and I have white coat symdrome really bad...and it hasn't been too long since I was just there..So if anyone has any ideas or has had this please let me know? I really don't think that its associated with anxiety ,but im not a doctor..What I am questioning here is that maybe at a higher altitude its more obvious since its very quite here or maybe its because the air is different..I don't really have any breathing problems or faster pulse...nothing that would leave me to believe its anything bad ..but maybe the difference of being at a higher altitude and more quiet place is what is the obvious thing here...I am 51 and wondering too if anyone living ini the mountains tends to get cold easy after the sun goes down and tired quickly after getting cold..Thanks for your responses in advance...