PDA

View Full Version : My Cat..

MissSunshine
18-11-12, 15:37
I was just holding my cat across my shoulder and he got scared. He dug his claws into the back left side of my neck and managed to hang there for a couple seconds before jumping down my back.

Que panic.. I am now left with very sore marks (looks like ive been bitten my a vampire) where he dug his sharp claws into me, they are bruised and stinging i am now panicking thinking that he could have done something to me, he is an in door kitten 10 months old never been outside and has had all his jabs.

I felt faint afterwards i was scared my neck is now very sore and even my top rubbing against it is hurting, any tips for pain and should i worry ? :(

Oh and I have put sudocrem on it (antispectic cream)

sophieunderscore
18-11-12, 15:41
I wouldn't worry, sometimes it's just how they catch you that makes it bruise, would have just gone in a bit deeper than normal. Just keep an eye on it but I'm very very sure it will be perfectly ok :)

swgrl09
18-11-12, 16:05
My cat has scratched me up a lot (given me scars!) ... if yours is indoor and up-to-date on shots, you really don't have anything to worry about if you put antiseptic cream on it. You may also be sore because you probably tensed up when the claws dug in!

MissSunshine
18-11-12, 16:08
I wouldn't worry, sometimes it's just how they catch you that makes it bruise, would have just gone in a bit deeper than normal. Just keep an eye on it but I'm very very sure it will be perfectly ok :)

Thanks honey its weird how health anxiety makes you worry over the little things xx

---------- Post added at 16:08 ---------- Previous post was at 16:06 ----------

My cat has scratched me up a lot (given me scars!) ... if yours is indoor and up-to-date on shots, you really don't have anything to worry about if you put antiseptic cream on it. You may also be sore because you probably tensed up when the claws dug in!

Ouch! my cat has scratched me loads of times all been on my arms and hands tho i think its the fact its my neck freaked me out and all his weight hung from his claws in my neck :scared15:

yeah i did tense! was in shock lol xx thanks xx

Annie0904
18-11-12, 16:22
Even though my cat looks really cute on my avatar here..in reality he is a monster!! I always have scratch marks from him. Once I had hold of him and he heard a noise outside which freaked him out and he ripped my tee shirt and scratched and bruised me in his efforts to get away. It was painful for a while. I have a scar on my top lip from him :) As long as you have put some antiseptic on it will be fine. You could also bathe it in some warm water with a little salt in.

sophieunderscore
18-11-12, 16:50
Mine is a biter, but her teeth aren't sharp enough to break the skin so it is really painful, I love her to bits but wish she wasn't so "playful"

Annie0904
18-11-12, 16:57
Mine bites too but just gently...I wish mine wasn't so playful either. He bites my ankles to tell me when he wants feeding lol