PDA

View Full Version : does anybody else have this?

kirstenmonica
18-11-12, 19:31
Ok so when i have a panic attack I don't get all the physical symptoms ie heart pounding cant breathe etc i get this feeling where i feel like im in a dream and im going to wake up.
It's horrible it scares me so bad, but all the panic attack help i seem to come across is for the heart racing , unable to breathe , but not for my kind of problem? So i dont know what to do to get rid of it.

Also i feel in this dream like state quite alot, hence why i can't go out and im really unsure how to get rid of it, but when im really anxious thats when i get it really bad and it feels like im going to wake up.

can anybody help me????:weep: i'm feeling like crap with all this now ive not been out in weeks, i feel so lonely and horrible!

lashes
18-11-12, 19:50
it sounds like derealization ?i get it when i panic and ive had it for quite a while recently everything seems not real and sorta like a dream x

kirstenmonica
18-11-12, 19:59
yeh thats it. how do you get rid of it? xx

lashes
18-11-12, 20:08
well ive been told that when my anxiety level goes down so will it because its just a symptom of anxiety its your body protecting itself all totally normal apprently :)ive been doing abit of research on it cus its soo scary i keep thinking nothing is real and it makes me panic even more .are u on any meds? the best thing is to research it to reassure you x

kirstenmonica
18-11-12, 20:22
yeh ive been doing research but i just cant get rid of it. yup im on meds but ive been on them for 3 years i think theyve stopped working. are you on anything? xx

Liziik
18-11-12, 20:26
I used to get a dream like feeling a few years back it was awful! So I know how horrible this must be for you. On the left hand column of this site there is a bit that says symptoms if you click on that and scroll down a bit there is a bit about derealization and feeling dreamy etc incase u havnt seen it it might be worth a read :) hope your feeling better soon hun :) xx

lashes
18-11-12, 20:30
with this derealization when it happens i just tell myself its just a symptom nuthing to worry about but it is so strange ive had it pretty constantly for the past month aswel !and the more you think about the worse it gets,when it first happened to me and i didnt know what it was i literally thought i was going mad or something especially when i tried to explain to my bf that nuthing is real he looked at me very gone out! i was so relived when i came on here and found out what it was.you shud go bk docs see about a change of meds ive been of citalopram for the last 7 weeks but im not to sure they are working for me so im bk to docs tomorrow.i was on sexorat years ago and i found that worked well .this anxiety is just so exhausting lol x

Ditapage
18-11-12, 23:40
Yeah I get that... it may also be disassociation which can happen when you're in a deep state of anxiety or sadness. It used to terrify me, but knowledge is power and part of our anxiety is not having knowledge of whats happening to our body with all these odd, unexplainable sensations. I was scared until I realized i could bring the derealization/diassociation feeling on myself, just by focusing really hard on something and deliberately zoning out. It happens most to me in crowds, so i started getting into that state at home when i felt safe, and sat through it so the feeling no longer had the power to scare the crap out of me. Its a horrible feeling but bringing it on yourself makes you realize its a mental thing, not some sure sign you're about to die.

kirstenmonica
19-11-12, 19:35
thanks all glad im not alone with this! xxx

MissyC_54
21-11-12, 20:26
I know what you mean. I suffer from a similar symptom. Almost feels like you're not really there. Like an out of body experience :|