PDA

View Full Version : Starting to get back to anxious me again!

ReissG
18-11-12, 19:34
If you've been following my recent posts you'll know I've had a wisdom tooth infection. Anyway the arch on the left hand side of my tonsil was really inflammed and red, I had a lymph node under my chin swollen and sore and I also discovered (by sticking my fingers down my throat) a lump next to my tonsil (not my actual tonsil, just in line with it and on the same bit of skin if that makes sense) that felt like a gland or second tonsil that was very sore and swollen.
Anyway, all pain has gone now, the arch is now normal, sore throat gone, lymph node back to normal and that lump I felt near my tonsil has got much small and softer, but I looked in the mirror and if I push my tongue down I can see it ever so slightly and it has a yellow spot on it, sort of like the stuff you get when you have tonsillitis...

I know I keep asking, but I just need reassurance.
Do we have more tonsil tissue then just the stuff we can see when we open our mouths?
Isit okay that it's only on one side?
If it was cancer, would my lymph nodes, the lump thing and my throat all have gone down and stopped hurting?
Would the "lump" have reduced in size if it was cancer when I used anti biotics?

I'm fighting it at the moment and kind of winning, but it's starting to creep in and I don't want to go to the doctors again :(

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

Just to try and explain a bit better, where my left tonsil is down the side next to my tongue, it's not attached to my tongue, but attached to the same place my tonsil is, it's not attached to my tonsil.

ReissG
19-11-12, 15:00
I've cancelled my Dentist appointment because I need to see my GP first :(
He is the only person I trust.
I'm terrified. The only thing that's helping me at the moment is the fact that when I was younger my Doctor said this huge lump in my neck is just a gland and is extremely common in boys to have, I googled this lump and no one knows anything about it, so the same could be said about this piece of tissue that got infected.
Fingers crossed :(