PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help

Fairy78
18-11-12, 21:15
Hi
I'm new on this forum and I've come here for help. I have no one else to turn to. My family and friends think I'm stupid as I'm always bugging them about my health for assurance. Here's is my story:
I am happily married with 3 children. A loving husband. Financially stable, a nice house car everything. I could n't ask for more but only one problem I have really bad anxiety regarding about my health. Every week I cling on to a issue that I have cancer. From breast to osephgus cancer. You name it all the cancers of the world that occur in humans. I just can't get over it. I've been to the gp who is really good. But I still don't get assurance, I am constantly checking my self all the time.
I'll like to know from anyone who has this problem & how they've overcame it.
Any advice with be appreciated.
Thanks

fruity
18-11-12, 21:52
hello fairy 78. i have everything you have mentiond + more. it,s terrifying and i can,t say how to get over it cause it,s very hard work. im still tring to figure owt what to do. i have 2young kids im seperated but i have a loving family and they don,t seem to understand guess we are in the same boat. it realy gets you down though. just reply to me anytime and i,ll try and reply back asap. xxxx

Fairy78
18-11-12, 22:13
Thanks fruity for getting back to me, you don't know how much that means to me. We sure are in the same boat, it is very annoying when you are constantly thinking that you have something wrong with you. I'm trying very hard to distract myself but it does not help.

The worst thing is that when you are hooked on a certain illness it seems be mention everywhere I.e breast cancer is on the news, magazine poster everywhere. Just today I was having attack of having throat cancer that I went to my parents & was told that a family friend has been diagnosis with throat cancer and my anxiety triggered more.

Apple81
18-11-12, 22:48
Hey fairy

You are not alone - in the last week I've diagnosed myself with four types of cancer. Take it one day at a time x