PDA

View Full Version : Can't stop eating !!

panic12
18-11-12, 21:23
This is a wierd one, I've not had anxiety for a few weeks but have recently had the urge to constantly eat !! When I have anxiety I barely eat, in general I'm not a big eater. I'm 6'1 160lb so as you can imagine I'm slim on the verge of being too skinny, why do I suddenly have the urge to eat so much?? The last 3 days have been the first normal 3 days ina year. Is it because I'm not nervous that I'm enjoying food now? Or is there something wrong with me?

Annie0904
18-11-12, 21:34
I have recently had a bout of anxiety were I hardly ate anything and lost a stone in weight. I am starting to feel a bit better and I am eating more again. I tend to tell myself, I'd better eat more to get me nourished in case the anxiety gets worse again and I can't eat!! I think you will be enjoying the food more now that you are not so anxious and also it could be your bodies way of getting some nourishment back into you.

panic12
18-11-12, 21:54
The only thing that bothers me is its unusual for me because I've never eaten much in my life, I guess your right though

Annie0904
18-11-12, 21:57
I wouldn't worry about it as you say you are underweight any way so it won't do you any harm :)

panic12
18-11-12, 22:03
Thank you you're always so helpful. :)

shotokansho
18-11-12, 23:38
Hey. If you are on meds (especially anti psychotics) check on the list of side effects because some of them include weight gain. Since starting on anti psychotics I have gained nearly two stone through scoffing for the sake of it.

Elle-Kay
18-11-12, 23:42
I find exactly the same as Annie. I too have lost a lot of weight through not being able to eat during a period of acute anxiety, but now I'm starting to feel better I'm finding that I am starting to want to snack more, and I'm pleased by that because I might stand half a chance of gaining some weight again. I suspect that your body is doing what it needs to to replenish its stocks after your recent bout of anxiety, that's all :)

panic12
19-11-12, 07:20
It started to worry me a little bit and now I dont feel like eating at all haha, you guys must be right, im getting working up over the most stupid things

ricardo
19-11-12, 08:19
I would agree with the comments above and if you are on any form of anti depressant weight can vary dramatically depending on the amount of anxiety at any given period you may be under.Comfort eating.

Though you say you haven't experienced this before, it is not uncommon to eat more in the winter months. I wouldn't worry at all.