PDA

View Full Version : Really bad Dizziness

Caitlyn89
09-06-04, 04:53
Ok all day today i have had really bad dizziness. At first i thought i was well ok let me explain my day and tell me what you think
1.Wake up have toast with butter and orange juice
2. Rush off to tutoring for 4 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep in mind all i had to eat from 11:45-4:00 was toast with butter.
3. Come home watch tv and have french bread pizza
4.continue watching tv go on the computer have a dixie cup (ice cream) with pretzel sticks.
5. Continue watching tv and computer have a plate of zitti.
6. Take shower At this point as i am bent over drying my hair i stand up and almost fall down from being dizzy
7. been depressed and dizzy all day
Does this mean anything really bad like Vertigo or an inner ear problem or something else? At first i thought it was because it was the fact that i only had toast for all that time but then i ate and it didnt stop. Im scared any thoughts?!?!?[:0]

andrew
09-06-04, 10:19
hi caitlyn, i think your thinking and analysing too much lol, its the nature of anxiety to worry and stare until we find a problem - a good idea would be to find ways that relax your mind.
i dont know if you've vertigo or an inner ear thingy, if it had happened to me i would have thought blood pressure, anxiety-wise it might be a symptom of 'i think ppl call it de-personalization/de-realization' and you can always factor in the complicated issue of what you have and haven't eaten.
its possible you might never know for sure, but keep in mind you got through it and will do if it happens again, so try not to be so scared. and cos you've not said, im presuming you had no anx food probs, which is good eh and you managed to do your tutoring - look for the positive. keep posting and let us know how your doing ok, you take care andrew

seh1980
09-06-04, 18:11
hello there Caitlyn,

I've had days before just like you've described. Then I'll wake up the next day feeling much better. I'm think it's just a part of suffering from anxiety - we have good days and bad ones.
Take care.

Sarah (seh1980)

Caitlyn89
09-06-04, 19:02
Well i woke up and i still feel slightly dizzy and like pressure in the same place. Im quite scared now.

sarah
09-06-04, 19:41
Hi Caitlyn

One thing I notice from your post is your eating habits.
The foods you eat arent really well balanced with vegetables and fruit etc and you miss meals. All this could be adding up to the simple fact that you are getting dizzy because your blood sugar level keeps dipping low.
I get the dizzyness quite a lot but mainly if I havent eaten regularly. Try taking a look at your diet and see if you can make it regular and more healthy and see if that makes a difference?

I hope this helps
take care
love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

Caitlyn89
09-06-04, 23:05
Yes i know it is probably my eating habits, but my emetophobia makes me feel sick all the time. So im afraid to eat.

sarah
09-06-04, 23:54
Hiya Caitlyn

Instead of eating big meals that make you feel full and sick, how about trying to eat little and often?, that might make you feel better if you just eat small portions.
Just a thought

love sarah
xx

Meg
10-06-04, 16:32
Hi Caitlyn,

Your diet is not giving you any long term energy at all.
It is all short term carbs,nothing with any protein or nutrients at all apart from the OJ which is great but I don't see any additional fluids in there.

If this is an example of how you've been eating its not suprisng you're dizzy.You are not taking in any nutrients to build or sustain your body.
Many of us would be dizzy after a hot shower and turning upside down, Its a matter of body physics and simple blood pressure changes.

I understand you are limiting yourself food wise but you could have soup/ broth and milk and more juices and if you can manage french bread pizza you can manage quite a lot which is far more useful to you than that is.

I don't think this has anything to do with inner ear at all.

Sarah is so right. Little and often.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

april tones
10-06-04, 16:37
hi caitlyn, like meg said you were dizzy due to having hot shower and drying hair upside down. I have days like that too. I used to get this alot when first had deppression. You remind me of myself few months ago. You seem very anxious, what do you do to relax? x

apriltones

Caitlyn89
10-06-04, 20:38
Nothing i wont be able to relax to my weight is back up so i cant eat small portions. I lost more weight now and i dont know how if i've been eating. Meg there was more fluids in there sorry i just forgot to mention them but either way it wouldnt matter because im pretty sure it was just water or Hershey's chocolate milk. I hate my weight. I need it back fast before something happens or im put in a hospital which is my SECOND WORST FEAR. (first would be vomiting).

sarah
10-06-04, 20:46
Hiya Caitlyn

When I said small portions I didnt mean to cut down on food but instead of having three big meals a day, why not try having six smaller easier to manage meals?

love Sarah
xx

Caitlyn89
11-06-04, 00:50
Maybe i dont know..it just seems no matter what i do i always lose weight.

andrew
11-06-04, 02:28
hi caitlyn, i dont wanna state the obvious but if you eat enough you will put on weight, trust me im 3 times your size.
my advice, stop weighing yourself, you seem to have enough on your mind without worrying if you've lost or put on weight. concentrate on the fact that you can manage the snack foods you like and try to add some of the healthier eating advice people have given you. you can increase your weight but like everything else it wont happen overnight and you really do need to start telling yourself that you can do it, even when your feeling down.
also the small portions advice is good, even if its only mouth-fulls at a time. your anxiety is no doubt churning your stomach ( a very common symptom ) and having some food in it will lesson how sick you feel, not make you feel sicker.
anyway im going on a bit, hope your day has been ok and your feeling alright today. lets us know how you are, you take care andrew

Caitlyn89
11-06-04, 19:02
Andrew,
I dont want to weigh myself im forced to by the doctors because they want to see like if i lost weight or not. My mom of course will agree with anyone except me so im forced to go all the time. Yea it does seem obivous doesnt it eating=weight but not in my case i eat and maybe im not eating enough but i eat and it is doing sh*t.
Caitlyn

jo-jo
11-06-04, 21:25
Hi there Caitlyn

Sounds to me like everything you eat, you're burning off in nervous energy. This may sound obvious but try to take time out to relax, and if you're not very good at this (I'm not) start by doing something for just a few minutes at a time e.g. lovely scented bath, breathing exercises, sitting on a bench in the park etc.

I too get the horrid nauseous feeling, its just the pits isn't it? But I do find that eating small, regular meals helps. If I'm hungry and my tummy rumbles, that is enough to set off a panic attack (oh my God, I can feel my stomach, am I going to be sick routine - I'm sure you know it well). If you're really busy, how about carrying some fruit or a cereal bar around with you to snack on?

Good luck
Jo xx

Caitlyn89
11-06-04, 22:36
Andrew
I wont eat when im out lol i know it sounds stupid but at least i know i wont get sick because nothing comes up. So i dont eat until i come home. But then again i barely go out so that isnt a problem. Havent left my house since wednesday actually.

andrew
12-06-04, 02:22
hi caitlyn, hows your day been? how are you feeling?
i would very rarely eat when out on the street, i think its a social anxiety trait, eating infront of other people, even though i can do it in a cafe or restaurant now, if with someone.
so have you not left the house cos you've nothing to do outside, or for a different reason? i mean i didnt leave the house from last sat.afternoon till midday tues but just didnt need to be out.
so youve got doctors on your case about your weight eh, how do you feel about that, is it helping or just stressing you more? carry on eating as best you can, try and judge your weight gain or loss over a longer period than a couple of days of eating, in the long term if its going in your mouth you'll gain it soon enough or at least maintain yourself.
and most importantly, start telling yourself that you can gain weight and overcome your anxieties, you might not feel it or belief it but let yourself hear it.
you take care, keep us posted andrew

Caitlyn89
12-06-04, 19:05
Andrew,

Yes i have doctors on my case and it is stressing me out. I dont leave the house because i dont want to. Im to anxious and start to feel sick. So the minute im out all i want to do is come home. If i have to go out i will but i wont be happy about. So there has been no reason to go having to go out so i've been homebound since wednesday. I can tell my day wont be a good one hopefully it wont be a bad one either. I've been having chest and stomach pains.
Caitlyn

andrew
13-06-04, 04:36
hi caitlyn, hopefully your pains didnt cause you any problems and you managed not to have a bad day. did i read in another post you ate alot today, well done, i know its not easy to make yourself eat.
so what is your school situation, are you still in education?
well i hope you enjoy your weekend, keep posting to say hi and let us know how you are, you take care andrew
ps. when are you gonna pop in chatroom and say hello, its friendly, you'll be welcomed, if you're on eastcoast time, ppl there usually about 4.30pm

Caitlyn89
14-06-04, 23:30
I usually dont sign on till like 5:30 in the weekdays. I guess i could pop in. But no i havent been in school since May 6th

andrew
14-06-04, 23:52
hi, how you doing today. ye, there's usually ppl there for at least a few hours.
has school finished or are you struggling to attend because of your anxieties. it is important that you try and keep on studying if you are able.
keep us posted, you take care andrew

Caitlyn89
16-06-04, 03:24
No i mean i was taken out of school May 6th....im being home tutored until school gets out (the 22cd)

andrew
16-06-04, 23:11
hi, how are you today? its good that you are still continuing your education, do you enjoy it? keep us posted, you take care andrew

lainey
17-06-04, 09:31
Hi Caitlyn

How are you today ? I haven't replied to any of your posts 'till today but have been following your progress for the last few days. You mention losing more weight, before i was diagnosed with anxiety i was losing weight for no reason although i was eating normally. Since March i have lost about 20lbs and its all down to nervous energy and generally i don't lose weight very easily!!

Try and make an effort to go out every day even if you only walk around the block it will get you out of the house and give you some fresh air.

Hope you are feeling more positive than you were, everyone is here for you.
Take care of yourself, will keep in touch.

Elainexxx:D:D:D