PDA

View Full Version : Feel poorly tonight

Elle-Kay
18-11-12, 22:27
I've had an upset stomach all afternoon, but it's been getting worse over the last couple of hours. I've taken some Andrews Salts to see if they help, but I'm awfully afraid that I'm going to be poorly through the night (and that if I am it will make me anxious to go out again in case I'm poorly then, too) :unsure:

I'm trying to remember that it's no big deal even if I am ill, because everyone is from time to time and once it's done it's done, but I've always hated the nausea feelings most of all out of the anxiety symptom spectrum and I want desperately just to lay down and sleep through it, but my mind is whirling so much I don't think I can sleep :(

Annie0904
18-11-12, 22:33
Really sorry you are not feeling too good :( I always feel more anxious when I am not well and like you the nausea is my main concern when I am anxious. Be positive..this is an upset stomach...it is not caused by your anxiety and it will go, hopefully by tomorrow morning you will feel better again. Do you know what caused it? Something you have eaten? Chamomile tea is quite good for stomach upsets if you have any. :hugs::hugs::hugs: x

Elle-Kay
18-11-12, 22:38
I think it's probably been coming on for a few days, from eating more rich foods than I have in a while (I was out on Thursday for dinner, and yesterday, then I've had birthday cake and chocolate etc in between too).

You're right though: it is just an upset stomach which will pass one way or another, so I need to try to compartmentalise it as separate from anxiety. I've put a DVD on to help to distract me, and will try to lay down to sleep in a while.

I hope I feel better in the morning as I'm seeing my Herbalist tomorrow, and I've run out of medicine so I need to see him to get a refill. I'll try some Chamomile tea in the morning as that will hopefully help with my nerves too. I didn't realise it was good with digestion too :)

Annie0904
18-11-12, 22:43
Yes I use it when my ibs flares up. "Chamomile reduces cramping and pain in the bowels and also helps to relieve excessive gas and bloating in the intestines. Therefore, a simple remedy is to drink a cup of chamomile tea to help relieve irritable bowel syndrome, nausea, and gastroenteritis or stomach flu." I hope you manage to get a good nights sleep and feel better in the morning :hugs: xx

Laura123
18-11-12, 23:07
Hope it passes soon Hun xxx

Elle-Kay
18-11-12, 23:24
Thank-you Laura :) x

I'm going to remember that about Chamomile tea for the next time I've got an upset tummy Annie, so thank-you too :)

Annie0904
19-11-12, 08:48
How are you feeling better this morning?

Elle-Kay
19-11-12, 10:34
I feel a bit better, thank-you. My stomach is still gurgly and rolling, but I don't feel so sick and I did manage to sleep right through the night :)

Annie0904
19-11-12, 10:41
Pleased you are feeling a bit better and have had a good nights sleep. I have just noticed my previous post to you :roflmao: I think it was a mixture of How are you feeling? and I hope you are feeling better?...I had just woke up!! :D

MissHDynamite
19-11-12, 11:28
Pleased to hear your feeling a little better today. I think it sometimes can be because we have days of not eating and then days of eating.. our poor tummies don't know if there coming or going lol.

Stick to little and often ish today :) xx

Elle-Kay
19-11-12, 15:58
Pleased you are feeling a bit better and have had a good nights sleep. I have just noticed my previous post to you :roflmao: I think it was a mixture of How are you feeling? and I hope you are feeling better?...I had just woke up!! :D

Don't worry, I speak fluent sleepyhead :winks: :D

Annie0904
19-11-12, 15:59
Don't worry, I speak fluent sleepyhead :winks: :D

:D

Elle-Kay
19-11-12, 16:00
Pleased to hear your feeling a little better today. I think it sometimes can be because we have days of not eating and then days of eating.. our poor tummies don't know if there coming or going lol.

Stick to little and often ish today :) xx

Thank-you, I think you may be right - my poor tummy just hasn't been able to keep up with what I've been asking it to do :)

Annie0904
19-11-12, 21:07
How are you feeling tonight? has your tummy settled?

Elle-Kay
19-11-12, 21:09
It's a bit better tonight, but I still don't feel "right" :( I'm really exhausted this evening, and am starting to get a sore throat. I think Martin (my herbalist) might be right and I've picked up some sort of virus - apparently there is something going wildfire round the local area at the moment (people are even posting about it on Facebook, lol).

Annie0904
19-11-12, 21:12
It does sound like a virus. Hope you recover from it soon. I have hardly eaten today due to my anxiety. have just had a yogurt tonight and some rich tea biscuits. x

Elle-Kay
19-11-12, 21:16
In a weird sort of way I wish I could go back to that - not eating whilst anxious was certainly a lot easier than this business of having to force myself to have 3 meals a day, whether I'm anxious or not! (though I realise it's not a solution)

I'm just trying to decide which things to order my sister for Christmas from Amazon at the moment - it's zapping what's left of my strength! lol Hubby is just making me a cup of Chamomile tea though, so I think I'll take myself off to bed shortly with a DVD.

Annie0904
19-11-12, 21:18
I came up to bed about an hour ago and hubby has just brought me some Horlicks :) We are going to a half day spa tomorrow...well that's the plan...I hope I make it!

Elle-Kay
19-11-12, 21:24
Oh that should be nice :) Have a massage for me while you're there - my shoulders are desperate to be kneaded into submission!

Annie0904
19-11-12, 21:37
If you lived closer I could give you an aromatherapy massage which is lovely and relaxing. that's the trouble with me being a holistic therapist...I can give treatments to all my friends but don't often get them myself :)

Elle-Kay
19-11-12, 22:44
Yes I have several acupuncturist friends who used to say the same, so they organised themselves so that they now give each other treatmets regularly, to keep in tip-top condition for their patients :)

I'd love to have a friend close-by who was a masseur - a good massage is one of my favourite things. Hubby gives it a go every now and then, when I feel really stiff, but I think he's frightened of hurting me.