PDA

View Full Version : Feeling panic-y

primitivepainter
18-11-12, 22:42
Hi everyone.
I hope everyone here is feeling well - and even if you are not (I'm not) atleast we can stand together in this.
I'm currently recovering from a breakdown - but feel really scared tonight. I went for a walk this afternoon and could barely look at peoples faces and had to keep hiding mine away whenever anyone walked past. I feel really scared about this - I used to beable to live day to day, work a job etc. and I feel very worried I might not get back there?

I am off sick from work still (started a week or so ago) and feel really scared about what my colleagues will think when I return. I don't feel I can face work this week anyway, so I am trying to allay the fear of this until then but it isn't helping much.

Just feel so lonely and trapped right now. There are a few big changes I need to make in my life (which ultimately led me to how I am now as they have not yet been made). But I wonder if I will ever beable to face them. I wish I could just never return to my job and never face it again.

I am taking quetiapine and mirtazapine but fear they aren't working. Tonight I am feeling there is no light at the end of the tunnel again after thinking I was maybe getting a little better over the weekend.

Just want to escape the world right now :weep:

Annie0904
18-11-12, 22:47
With anxiety we are going to have good days and bad days but there is always light at the end of the tunnel. I had a few really good days last week then a bad one yesterday. Focus on the good ones and even when it is bad, try to find a positive in it. Have you had any counselling? If not you could ask your doctor about cognitive behaviour therapy. :hugs:

primitivepainter
18-11-12, 22:55
hello, yes i am trying to get counselling. the home help team are coming to see me twice a day at the moment and they say they are going to try and sort that out for me.i just wish i could be well again :( worried that i am losing contact with my (few )friends aswell that they will lose the interest in talking to me as i hven't been able to be in touch with anyone over these past few weeks. i have thought of some positive life plans for the future, but thinking about the future scares me so much.
thanks for your reply annie :)

Annie0904
18-11-12, 23:02
That is good that you are getting help..you WILL be well again. I know it doesn't seem like it at the moment but you will get there with help and support :hugs: