PDA

View Full Version : Back to the start again :(

Emma86
19-11-12, 09:35
So for a few weeks now I have been feeling good, anxiety had worn off, I was getting on with life! Now out of nowhere I have come back down again and no idea why!
Well I've been dealing with alot since the break up with my ex, which was now 6 weeks ago and we've had no contact for 4 days and since then my anxiety has been getting worse again but I could feel the build up to it a week or so ago.
Felt on edge and anxious yesterday and very anxious and panicky last night. It seemed to stay with me till this morning as within 5 minutes of being awake I had a panic attack that came out of nowhere :(
Its so frustrating that I'm up and down all the time. I have a CBT appt this afternoon so going to discuss all of this. As soon as I'm feeling better, I always come down again. My anxiety is just coming on suddenly and out of nowhere now :(

Annie0904
19-11-12, 09:39
It is the same with me at the moment one day I am feeling so much better and the next really anxious again. The best thing is to focus on the good days and remind our selves that we will have more good days and that the bad ones are just little blips. I have my cbt this afternoon too and feeling anxious about that. Hope your day gets better x

little scientist
19-11-12, 09:40
Oh Emma, sorry to hear this. Glad you have a CBT appointment today though, as this will hopefully involve discussing the issues you are facing, and helping you find strategies to cope with, and to tackle the anxiety.

Hugs to you xx

ankietyjoe
19-11-12, 21:31
I think the important idea to keep in mind here is that you've already identified the reason that you're feeling anxious and low again. Breakups are incredibly stressful, both during and afterwards.

Remind yourself how you got over it before, and also how it felt to get better. Allow this period to run it's course and know that you will get better again. Like you did before,