PDA

View Full Version : waking up with a headache 5 mornings running

almamatters
19-11-12, 14:50
For the past 5 mornings I have woken up with a headache, well it's more of a heavy feeling across front of head. I am not freaking out about tumours as I have already had a brain scan, but I don't know if it has a physical cause or is anxiety and stress. Can't go back to GP this week so wanted to post about it instead. Can anyone relate?

---------- Post added at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 14:49 ----------

Also feel slightly off balance

meche
19-11-12, 15:51
Snap! I can relate Alma. Since I got the all clear with my lump, my headaches seem to have reappeared. I don't know if it's all the stress manifesting itself or something else. I'm not worried about tumours. I had headaches everyday for weeks earlier in the year and I'm still here. I have been a bit blocked up and a bit sinusy so maybe it's that. Even now I have a heavy, dull ache over my forehead and temples. I'm feeling a bit off balance too and my eyes feel dizzy - if that makes sense. I'm just ignoring it and getting on with my day. I've been doing great lately and don't want to start the 'what ifs' again. Hope you feel better soon. xx

almamatters
19-11-12, 16:21
Thanks Michelle ,sorry to hear your headaches have returned. the pain is a weird sensation and irritating to be honest. Thank goodness I have already had a brain scan or my HA would have well and truly got a grip of me by now. Glad you are doing ok xx

DylanR
19-11-12, 16:34
The fact you feel heavy feeling and the balance could be an imbalance in ear due to sinus congestion. If you have had a clear brain scan it's most likely sinus

meche
19-11-12, 16:39
Thank you Alma. It's definitely irritating! I'm glad you're not getting too worked up over it. It's so easy to focus on one thing and escalate it. Believe me, I've been there SO many times. It certainly sounds like tension for both of us. Plus you've had a scan so you KNOW what you don't have. xx

---------- Post added at 16:39 ---------- Previous post was at 16:38 ----------

I agree with Dylan; I've been very congested on/off for the past few days and I'm certain that's the cause of my headaches. xx

MARK1971
19-11-12, 16:39
hi there what you are describing sounds very much like classical tension headache and once it is there it can be a stubborn little bugger and lingers for quite a while. i have them a lot and try to ignore them the best i can although at times like today they can be highly frustrating but i know today's is because i am on night shift later and they automatically make me tense.

almamatters
20-11-12, 17:55
Thanks Mark, yes the physio I went to see today said it is probably a tension headache and said bad posture can contribute as well as stress and muscle tension coming from the neck. It is still there today and really getting on my nerves. :mad: