PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety just came on suddenly!

JoannaS
19-11-12, 16:08
Hi guys, just need to post as just been hit by anxiety! I'd been doing not so bad the last few weeks and a few minutes ago I was sitting here at my desk and WHOOSH! it hit me! I came over all dizzy as though I was going to fall off my chair and pass out. I was only Googling the new Batman film! I had to stop what I was doing and pretend I was looking in my drawer for something to distract myself. I'm still feeling bit shaky but have had episodes like this before so know it will pass. I'm just glad it happened at the end of the day, so I only have to wait an hour and a half until I get to go home. Counting down the minutes! I think what brought it on was that I had been worrying about a pain I've been getting today in my scalp. Keeps coming and going so I suppose my anxiety levels were high anyway. I can't sit still, so fidgety! :weep:

tessasuzanne
19-11-12, 16:14
Poor you :( I have been having an anxious day too, so you are not alone! I try distracting myself by coming on here, or really, really concentrating on the tasks I have to do! Well done for getting through it, you should feel proud of yourself! You are nearly at the end of the day, so focus your mind on getting home and relaxing for the evening!
If you are still fidgety go for a quick brisk walk, whether to the toilet or to make a cup of tea, that's what I do to get rid of excess energy!

JoannaS
19-11-12, 18:05
Thanks for the reply :) Sod's law, I had to stay late and finish off work! But in a way it was a welcome distraction. Because I was rushing to finish it all, I soon forgot about the sensations I was experiencing earlier. Just on the train now - it's weird, when it's stationary I feel all spaced out and get my falling sensation back but as soon as it pulls away from the station I'm fine. Stillness seems to freak me out!

I'm always going to the loo when I feel a funny turn coming on, it's like my safe haven they I can escape to for a few minutes. They must all think I have a bladder problem! :wacko:

sunday
19-11-12, 22:28
hi

Just read the bit in your post about feeling strange when the train stops...i get this!! i'm on a bus though! everytime it stops in traffic or at a bus stop, i feel all weird and as if i will pass out. I also get the falling/vertigo feelings. Do your last a few seconds? i aslo get this when i have to stand and talk to someone, doing the washing up and standing in queues. i have put it down to a 'stuck' feeling. the strange thing is that its our body responding before our mind, if you see what i mean? as i thought the other day 'why do i feel like this?' then reaslied its becasue the bus had stopped.

good to hear others have the same things!

JoannaS
20-11-12, 08:17
Hi Sunday, good to hear from you. I'm glad I'm not the only one who experiences the strange falling/vertigo sensation. It only lasts a couple of seconds but it's the scariest couple of seconds at the time! I mostly get it when I'm at my desk at work, which isn't ideal sitting in an open plan office. I'll go to lean back in my chair and it feels like I'm falling back, as though my chair has given way!

Sometimes I get it driving too, traffic lights can't go green any sooner! I have to distract myself by fiddling with the heating or the radio. I'd been ok for a few months but then it came back - I have no idea what triggered it but it's rubbish!

sunday
20-11-12, 18:46
yes i get it at work when i'm on my chair. My chairs on wheels, which makes it worse cos sometimes i cant tell if the chair has moved or if its the vertigo thing -is that the same for you?

yes, it is a very horrible feeling - as if you are literally going to fall to the ground or faint. but its all internally, you dont actually move. Its so much worse when i havent had enough sleep, do you have the same?

JoannaS
25-03-13, 19:27
I'd been symptom free for a few months and the last week this falling sensation has come back, I'm pretty upset. I think it's been triggered by my pregnancy, I'm only 9 weeks at the moment. Although it was all planned and I'm happy about it, it seems to have knocked my anxiety for six and now it's back with a vengeance. How I'm going to cope until I go on maternity leave, I don't know. I feel miserable and it's horrible knowing I can't control it and it has to run its course. :weep: