PDA

View Full Version : Moving house....I am a nervous wreck

Trapped
19-11-12, 23:18
I so want to leave here as I know it isn't helping my condition, but I am anxious about the move, especially as my son is no help and I feel so alone with it (there is just us) I am driving the van and doing everything, my son and his friend are doing the lugging. They are teenage boys and my son is such a handful, he hasn't helped at all and is obsessed with the xbox.

Those who have followed my posts, I STILL HAVE NOT heard from mental health services, so frankly they can shove it now. I will manage without them. They talked me into accepting help and then haven't bothered, what's the point?:scared15:

Col
20-11-12, 09:58
How r u getting on today ? Hope the moves going well, are you moing far??
Mental health service in my opinion needs to pull its finger out - a bit more! I've still not had CBT fed up of chasing them, over a year now? When you've got kids it's even worse dealing with all this. I've got kids and they push me to the brink, if I'm having one of those days. My son is 3 & daughter 10, just both very loud and persistent children. They are lovely kids but they are not the quiet shy type. Very very active and sometimes I just want to saunter of upstairs by my self. Soo hard parenting. I used to live with my in laws (5+yrs) & my hubby is one of 7 & we had 2 of his younger sisters living with us ( huge house) anyway, one was a teenager & my god an absolute cow bag. She'd steal our things to give u an indication of what she was like, awful. So yes when the mother was out, she'd sit & idhave to fetch and carry not only for my kids for her. We only moved out 2 yrs ago THANK GOD, but recently my in laws are trying to get us to look after her whilst they go abroad for 4 months. She's high maintenance and despite her behaviour improving, we just don't need anymore crap! Cooking and cleaning for an extra person for 4 months , she's 16 soon so wants a 16 party & it'll be muggins here that sorts it, I've got enough on my plate & what concerns me is that shes in the final yr of school, if Anything happens when her parents are away , it'll b us who gets the blame. Not having it! Few wks fine but not after being seriously bullied for 6 yrs by them & my daughter being ignored for 3 yrs because she was born to an English white mother. NO too much water under the bridge. I don't mind being civil & taking part in family events & my doors always open - just really don't need any more p *** take!

Sorry 4 rant. Hope your feeling ok :flowers:

Starmist
20-11-12, 12:03
I agree with you both on the Mental Health Services, I've had a few issues with them to say the least and it always feels like i'm the one doing all the chasing!

I hope things are going okay for you, I haven't been through a move so I can't imagine how you must be feeling! We're here to listen and help you :)

beastman1103
20-11-12, 22:17
Hi

I definately feel your pain - i am in the process of moving house and it has been the most stressful thing i have ever done. I have been to the docs and all they want to do is give me cit - even though i explained i was that anxious that i wouldnt be able to take it. Let me know if there is anything specific about the moving process that is making you anxious and if i can i will try and help. i have 1 week left to go and probably everything that could have went wrong has went wrong (touch wood) from leaking pipes, council planning, building standards, central heating etc

moving house is one of the most stressful events you can go through - i didnt know this until i decided to do it but people do it every day and most never look back

upside of the process is that i am now well versed in building and planning, central heating and law :D