PDA

View Full Version : Can you get constipation pain in your upper right side?

lelespears
20-11-12, 08:13
I feel like from my right rib down to low abdo is sore kinda like a nagging pulling type pain, also if I push hard inside my right rib it's like I feel a hard mass!!!!! Is this possibly a tumour or something! I'm so worried.

Lx

lrforge
21-11-12, 02:38
I will get a nagging dull ache on my right side to, 5 years now. I notice it more with bad greasy food and constipation and back pain with it. I have mentioned it to drs and they don't seem concerned, bloodwork is normal...

PinkRoxy
21-11-12, 06:32
If you havent been to the toilet or only passing a small amount then it could be constipation. I get a swollen tummy and lots of pain like you described when Im constipated. I highly unlikely think its a tumour.

swgrl09
21-11-12, 14:07
i would guess it could be, as the colon really goes up pretty high to the rib area.

jillyb
21-11-12, 18:05
I had a lot of problems in that area last year .... I was in a right old state (as usual!). I found that if I took a diazepam I didn't get it, but I actually went to the doctors in the end. He prescribed mebeverin, which I took for a while. I think it works on slowing down the gut - it worked too!!! Eventually I got over this bout of health anxiety and it just disappeared, so I am sure it was anxiety that was causing it. I haven't had it again. Hope you soon feel better.

JaneS
22-11-12, 00:35
I have suffered with pain up under my right rib for past 5 years too. Had every test in the book and turned out to be ibs. Has gone now although I do get the odd twinge now and then and just put it down to wind and anxiety, if I ignore it, it goes.

lelespears
22-11-12, 09:24
Thanks guys!

Appreciate your help.

Lx

SPOOKY MULDER
23-11-12, 07:22
I currently have a condition as yet undiagnosed that sounds similair. Went to three different doctors, and heard a range of `theories`, everything from IBS to its all in my head. Turns out I had gallstones (Discovered after going for a scan, NOT by the doctor, even though I explained all
the text book symptoms of gallstone problems. It was discovered I had gallstones in my gallbladder and so it had to come out...When I first heard
the doctor tell me my gallbladder had to come out it was really scary for me...but it wasnt so bad really. Its apparently a very common operation.
Just the other day my mothers friend was diagnosed with gallstones and has to also go for the operation.She also suffers from anxiety.

I dont know if the pain you have is caused by gallstones. Im not a doctor, but if the pain persists, perhaps going for a scan
to see if everything is fine would be a good idea to put your mind at ease :) Remember to actualy tell the person doing the scan
to check your gallbladder, thats if your doctor hasn`t written that down on the referal.

My symptoms would be best described as a slight hollow feeling that would slowly start in my right side stomach area and then it would move to include my upper right rib cage
area and my back would ache on the right side as well.It would be at about this point where the dull ache would start to become painful and within
a matter of minutes completely unbearable. I found the fastest acting solution to this pain would be to QUICKLY eat brown bread and wash it down with a full glass of water.
I found the longer I waited to eat the bread and drink water, the longer it would take for the pain to go away.

I`ve found asking the doctor about why I STILL get this pain even though my gallbladder is now out, results in the classic medical professional answer "Its all in your head".
Funny thats what they said to me before they realised I had gallstones.

There is the other type of pain that I used to get BEFORE the gallbladder was taken out. It was actually the same, except that it wouldnt
become as painful as the other type. And it would last up to 3 hours. (This pain I believe was caused by the stones in my gallbladder).
The brown bread and water solution only seems to work with the fast acting pain, not the slow building pain that lasts for hours.
Then one night this pain became so painful I was rushed to hospital and thats when I told the doctors they can remove my gallbladder.

The other pain persists though (I get a pain attack in the morning, afternoon and evening) and no doctors can help. Their only suggestion
is going for a colonoscupy (how ever its spelt) NOOOOOO Thanks man!!!! Gross! Besides, whats the doctor gonna say "Oh it seems you have some
inflamation in your colon, caused my eating to much processed food. Please take the following vitamins to remedy this." Now that you are finished laughing,
lets continue ;) No I think they wouldnt actually have anything intelligent to say really. Probably prescribe me some useless medication.

What can they say. Doctors do not have training in nutrition, i.e. how to keep you healthy.
Thats just my opinion. I apolagise if my tone sounds hostile towards doctors, but that is to be expected when a person lives with pain every
day, and instead of getting guidence from a doctor on how to be pain free, you get told instead that this pain is in your head.Imagined.

The point is I believe the pain continues because my liver is congested with possibly hundreds of small stones that have not calcified and so they are not detectable
with a scan. These stones where formed from cholesterol deposits from having a really crappy diet for a longggggg time.
Because of the liver being clogged up, its stopping the bile from flowing properly thereby causing me to be constipated as well.
The pain attack goes away when I eat brown bread and drink water because I think its causing the bile to flow more again.

I actually wrote to the surgeon who removed my gallbladder and asked his opinion on me doing a liver flush to get rid of the stones,
but Im still waiting for a reply...

And so ends my rambling rant. I hope this was informative though :winks: